Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Trying to claim missing mileage without boarding pass - am I SOL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2019, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver

Hi All,

You know the one time when you chuck out your paper boarding passes because you think "Nah, don't need them anymore"? Well I did that for my most recent outbound from YYT to LHR. Didn't think it was going to matter as I was going to lose status anyway. (Flew WJ in the sumer). Now, having got a mileage credit for a couple of flightpass purchases I need those miles to hit lowly P25.

I was flying YYT-YUL-LHR in early Dec. YUL-YYT flight was late so at the airport I got rebooked onto YYT-YYZ-LHR. That leg is missing in Altitude and Aeroplan. When I fill in and submit the missing mileage claim on Aeroplan it gets rejected as an invalid ticket/flight by the carrier. So I guess my only option is to call in to Aeroplan but without the all important boarding pass will I be wasting my time? If so I won't bother with the hold time/argument.

TIA
AX
Old Dec 28, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: SE100k, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by AtlanticXpat
Hi All,

You know the one time when you chuck out your paper boarding passes because you think "Nah, don't need them anymore"? Well I did that for my most recent outbound from YYT to LHR. Didn't think it was going to matter as I was going to lose status anyway. (Flew WJ in the sumer). Now, having got a mileage credit for a couple of flightpass purchases I need those miles to hit lowly P25.

I was flying YYT-YUL-LHR in early Dec. YUL-YYT flight was late so at the airport I got rebooked onto YYT-YYZ-LHR. That leg is missing in Altitude and Aeroplan. When I fill in and submit the missing mileage claim on Aeroplan it gets rejected as an invalid ticket/flight by the carrier. So I guess my only option is to call in to Aeroplan but without the all important boarding pass will I be wasting my time? If so I won't bother with the hold time/argument.

TIA
AX
I just went through this headache. Get the actual ticket number, 014... And DM aeroplan support on Twitter.

Calling got me nowhere.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by acse17
I just went through this headache. Get the actual ticket number, 014... And DM aeroplan support on Twitter.

Calling got me nowhere.
As an SE, you had zero help and had to resort to twitter? Which avenues did you pursue prior to Twitter?
Old Dec 31, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: SE100k, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by yyznomad
As an SE, you had zero help and had to resort to twitter? Which avenues did you pursue prior to Twitter?
Wild isn't it? SE desk/Concierge line were apologetic but would do nothing but point to Aeroplan contact centre. Aeroplan contact centre would point to useless forms. My email to the general concierge inbox went unanswered. Could not speak to anyone who would take responsibility or provide an email address. Aeroplan Twitter ultimately allowed me to submit documents and narrative and they finally sorted it out.

Thoroughly disappointed with the lack of support despite being a DYKWIA dime a dozen SE for the last few years. They really hammered that point home with this exchange.

-
Old Feb 15, 2020, 6:56 am
Original Poster

An update to this. After DM'ing aeroplan I got an email address credits@aeroplan to write too. I sent off my original itinerary / ticket details from our TA and waited........

Today I got both an email from Aeroplan telling me that miles were deposited in my account and another email telling me that my missing mileage claim was rejected as the carrier had no record of a passenger with my name. So I'm confused but, do have those missing miles. Checking altitude website, I also have the missing AQM showing up in 2019 status which nudges me over P25. (Didn't fly so much last year). My E35k runs out at the end of the month so having P25 for the rest of the year is useful. Do you reckon it'll get automatically recognised and I'll get my P25 card in due course (because I'm skeptical about this) or should I contact AC? And in the latter case is there a way of doing that that doesn't involved hours on hold for a call centre?
Old Feb 15, 2020, 8:48 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by AtlanticXpat
Do you reckon it'll get automatically recognised and I'll get my P25 card in due course (because I'm skeptical about this) or should I contact AC? And in the latter case is there a way of doing that that doesn't involved hours on hold for a call centre?
Glad you got this sorted in the end

Give it some time to see if you get swept automatically. If not, use the AC customer relations web form; they're generally pretty responsive.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Glad you got this sorted in the end

Give it some time to see if you get swept automatically. If not, use the AC customer relations web form; they're generally pretty responsive.
I DM'ed ACAltitude & the gave me a "revisions" email address which I duly emailed my request to. Apparently I should hear back in March. Or possibly April!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.