FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Attempting a world record HOLD TIME (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2000775-attempting-world-record-hold-time.html)

mboca28 Dec 21, 2019 10:51 am

Attempting a world record HOLD TIME

Got to the office 830 am been on hold for 4 hrs 19 minutes and counting. I would start a boycott but its hard to book business class from toronto to capetown with westjet or porter

rankourabu Dec 21, 2019 11:31 am

Originally Posted by mboca28 (Post 31863766)
Got to the office 830 am been on hold for 4 hrs 19 minutes and counting. I would start a boycott but its hard to book business class from toronto to capetown with westjet or porter

That's nice of AC because Aeroplan automatically drops your call at 2 hours.

There are at least 2 dozen options from Toronto to Capetown.....

Jagboi Dec 21, 2019 11:31 am

Originally Posted by mboca28 (Post 31863766)
I would start a boycott but its hard to book business class from toronto to capetown with westjet or porter

There are lots of other choices: BA, KLM, SAA etc. Any reason you can't book a ticket online? With the weather delays currently I bet the phone lines are slammed.

gcashin Dec 21, 2019 11:58 am

Wow - that's crazy for hold times.

If you're buying a revenue ticket to CPT from YYZ, may want to look at UA YYZ-EWR-CPT, as that's probably the quickest routing to CPT and avoids the typical long layovers in Europe.

Jagboi Dec 21, 2019 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by gcashin (Post 31863979)
If you're buying a revenue ticket to CPT from YYZ, may want to look at UA YYZ-EWR-CPT, as that's probably the quickest routing to CPT and avoids the typical long layovers in Europe.

A quick look on google flights for random dates in January shows the shortest duration is Air France with a 1:55 stop in CDG. Second shortest is KLM with 2:50 in AMS.

eigenvector Dec 21, 2019 12:51 pm

You have considerably more patience for poor customer service than I would when attempting to spend several thousand dollars.

rankourabu Dec 21, 2019 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Jagboi (Post 31864140)
A quick look on google flights for random dates in January shows the shortest duration is Air France with a 1:55 stop in CDG. Second shortest is KLM with 2:50 in AMS.

How do you figure? Its 3 hours longer to go via CDG than the shortest possible routing.
And even the AC routing via VIE is shorther than AF via CDG.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...281ccbe918.jpg

eigenvector Dec 21, 2019 12:59 pm

EWR CPT is 3x weekly so if your dates aren't flexible it may not appear in your search.

gcashin Dec 21, 2019 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Jagboi (Post 31864140)

You must be looking at days when UA’s flight via EWR isn’t running (it’s 3x weekly to start). The UA EWR routing is more than 2 hours quicker than those options.

Jagboi Dec 21, 2019 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by gcashin (Post 31864177)
You must be looking at days when UA’s flight via EWR isn’t running (it’s 3x weekly to start). .

Must have done. I picked a random date to look and AF/KLM was the shortest showing.

yyztozag Dec 21, 2019 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 31864160)
How do you figure? Its 3 hours longer to go via CDG than the shortest possible routing.
And even the AC routing via VIE is shorther than AF via CDG.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...281ccbe918.jpg

...these are Economy prices, right?

rankourabu Dec 21, 2019 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by yyztozag (Post 31864195)
...these are Economy prices, right?

I wasnt aware business gets there faster :p
One ways too. So totally random, sorted by duration to show shortest possible routing (not including the 5 hours wasted on the phone too)

Stiff Dec 21, 2019 1:34 pm

Hold times are ridiculous. I’m calling for an inquiry about an existing flight and got the immediate message saying wait times could exceed 60 minutes. I’m 31 minutes in.. thankfully the Texans and Bucs are on for entertainment while I listen to the incessant AC music and promo messages.

edit: only 43 minutes! I feel like I won the lottery! My gawd that’s sad...

InTheAirGuy Dec 21, 2019 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Stiff (Post 31864272)
Hold times are ridiculous. I’m calling for an inquiry about an existing flight and got the immediate message saying wait times could exceed 60 minutes. I’m 31 minutes in.. thankfully the Texans and Bucs are on for entertainment while I listen to the incessant AC music and promo messages.

Maybe we could crowd fund to buy them a new music hold system.

Symmetre Dec 21, 2019 2:05 pm

So have they hired someone to answer the phone yet?