Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status sweep for 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
OMG OMG OMG!
My AQD counter from 2019 is now showing $0! Hold me closer, tiny dancer!
Where's Justin Peever when I need him to hold hands???
It's the end of the world as we know it!
My hair is on fire.

(On a serious note, looks like another update is coming soon...)
aburrsir likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:37 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
These E75Ks are so emotional. Noobs.
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:59 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by yyznomad
OMG OMG OMG!
Where's Justin Peever when I need him to hold hands???
It's the end of the world as we know it!
My hair is on fire.

Never say Never
You Can't fly unless you let yourself fall
Where are you now that I need you?
It ain't the same when I'm without you, boo
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
OMG OMG OMG!
(On a serious note, looks like another update is coming soon...)
AQD being zeroed out is only an indication that today is a day whose name ends in a "y".
Old Jan 7, 2020, 12:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
While I do not have 20 kids like WaytoomuchEurope I do have 3 young adults and a wife who is turning a magical number that I must not mention in a few months and I NEED the reset of the 10 Priority Rewards, and I also NEED the missing wings/AP miles from EYW. So AC, please, please, please sweep me, sweep me real good!
aburrsir likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
All my AQM, AQS and AQD for 2019 have now posted and have also posted for my first flight of 2020 on January 2. Hopefully a sweep will not be far away. Hoping to have it done before I fly again in a couple of weeks!
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:55 am

Also wouldn't mind being swept. Could use the eups!
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
This thread serves as a reminder of the importance of qualifying before Oct 31. Hopefully that will remain a non-issue for me this year.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:25 am

I know it'll happen in due time, but in previous years, how long has it taken them to do their sweeps? I believe they work their way down from SE100K.

I'm E50K again this year, and have a flight I'd love to use some eUps for when they're dropped in, but was wondering what typical ballpark dates would be for credits to be deposited.

I hit my lower requalification before Oct. 31, and surpassed 50K before Dec. 31.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:31 am

The questions regarding status sweeps have been asked every year going back a long long time ago. The algorithm that Air Canada uses to determine when and who to sweep is one of the great mystery in this universe!
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by whyfseeguy
The questions regarding status sweeps have been asked every year going back a long long time ago. The algorithm that Air Canada uses to determine when and who to sweep is one of the great mystery in this universe!
It only became a mystery after we lost all of our lurkers, thanks to several scorched-earth blowhards.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by martinintheair
I know it'll happen in due time, but in previous years, how long has it taken them to do their sweeps? I believe they work their way down from SE100K.

I'm E50K again this year, and have a flight I'd love to use some eUps for when they're dropped in, but was wondering what typical ballpark dates would be for credits to be deposited.

I hit my lower requalification before Oct. 31, and surpassed 50K before Dec. 31.

It frequently happened the first week of January. I remember because I was often in Winnipeg picking my status options before flying back to Vancouver from the holiday break, which I always do between January 3rd and 7th.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
It frequently happened the first week of January. I remember because I was often in Winnipeg picking my status options before flying back to Vancouver from the holiday break, which I always do between January 3rd and 7th.
to be honnest you know what I think, and look at my logic for a second.

AC status buy up offers end on Jan 9th, and they state in the terms and condition that the status would take effect in the next week from the date of purchase.

what if AC waits for all the buy up promotions sent be expired, and then mass-sweep everyone including people that met the treshholds between oct31-jan1st ? This would go against the logic that the guy who purchased his buy up offer on Dec 25th still hasn't had his "1 week promise" but maybe AC thinks they can get away with it.

Besides this, I really do not know when the sweep would occur. Indeed as someone else mentionned in the past, it was the first week of Jan. I see my deposited eupgrades were done on Jan5th of last year.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
You folks are putting too much thought into this.

The monkey responsible for sweeps has the flu.
royal757 and GeekyFlyer like this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 2:29 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by royal757
what if AC waits for all the buy up promotions sent be expired, and then mass-sweep everyone including people that met the treshholds between oct31-jan1st ? This would go against the logic that the guy who purchased his buy up offer on Dec 25th still hasn't had his "1 week promise" but maybe AC thinks they can get away with it.
Could be they were waiting until after FWIW, I was P25K last year. Surpassed E35K after October, so no early-recognition.
I was offered status buy-up to E50K which I paid yesterday, at which time I was still showing as P25K online. Just swept to E50K in the last couple of minutes today. So they are at least sweeping paid ups, I imagine all other sweeps must be imminent, as they were likely waiting til after the Jan 9 expiration of offers so they don't have to double-sweep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.