Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYZ Lounge Access for a Premium Rouge flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ Lounge Access for a Premium Rouge flight?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.
Originally Posted by spartac
Thanks for the catch. I'll just use a Priority Lounge then. Probably just as bad
the priority pass lounge in Lima is solid- was there in September. Depending on the time it may be packed but it’s also huge - 2.5 floors. Fresh juices. Decent food. If one are is under served/ stocked go upstairs.

enjoy!
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:58 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Bokehman
Make sure you don’t need to pre-book the lounge. We flew PE on AC back in August. I was told by an agent we could just walk up to the front desk at the YYZ lounge. When we got there, they said we had to pre-book. They wouldn’t make an exception.
Op is talking about "Premium rouge" , on a Rouge flight.
Bokehman is talking about "Premium economy" on an Air Canada flight.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RZR
Op is talking about "Premium rouge" , on a Rouge flight.
Bokehman is talking about "Premium economy" on an Air Canada flight.
And in the context of YYZ-LIM, those are equivalent when it comes to lounge access. So Bomheian's anecdote is quite useful.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:19 pm

For Premium Rouge you don't need to pay extra in YYZ. I flew PE and I did pay. Premium Rouge has it included. The lounge is just OK. Good spirits, mediocre wine and beer, terrible food. The Priority Pass lounge has better food, worse liquor. Haven't tried SS lounge.

Long time since I flew back from LIM, but had status then. The lounge was very dark, food OK, but great Pisco Sours!

Dr.PITUK
Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
As mentioned in post # SIX, the official link for Premium Rouge access to International lounge is
Customers travelling in Premium Rouge enjoy complimentary access to the Maple Leaf Lounge on flights within Canada, to the U.S and Sun destinations. Access is available for purchase when flying to Europe, Asia, Africa and South America. Eligible Altitude members qualify for complimentary access to the Maple Leaf Lounge.

Maple Leaf Lounge access is not available for purchase at the airport, except at our Paris Maple leaf Lounge.
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...f-lounges.html

"Prebooking" the lounge is a euphemism for "paying in advance". It's not about capacity or reserving space. It's about $$.

What access is enjoyed by PY is not relevant. PY and Premium Rouge are comparable on board, perhaps but the question is about the airport.

(Edited to add: PY may have the same access, i.e., pre-purchasable, but the two are not necessarily yoked by policy. The AC MLL eligible passengers web page actually does not say anything about PY access, either complimentary, purchasable, or not available, just not mentioned at all.)
Adam Smith likes this.

Last edited by flyquiet; Dec 15, 2019 at 2:42 pm Reason: as noted
Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet
As mentioned in post # SIX, the official link for Premium Rouge access to International lounge is

"Prebooking" the lounge is a euphemism for "paying in advance". It's not about capacity or reserving space. It's about $$.

What access is enjoyed by PY is not relevant. PY and Premium Rouge are comparable on board, perhaps but the question is about the airport.
Thanks for correcting me flyquiet . I didn't realize the difference for PR/PE international vs. domestic.

PE/PY may not be an exact comparison, but I paid about $37 for lounge access this in PE YYZ-TLV. My HSBC CC will (I hope) pay for it. Still cheaper than 2 drinks and an appy in the terminal and definitely quieter. My last international flight from YYZ in Feb I had an expense account and the food and drink were both... poor. Lounge would have been better.

You might still be able to sign up for a CC that will cover lounges. I cancelled my Amex Plat after more than 10 years, but my new Scotia card gets 6 PP visits per year and the first year has been free.

I miss having status!

Dr. PITUK
Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet

(Edited to add: PY may have the same access, i.e., pre-purchasable, but the two are not necessarily yoked by policy. The AC MLL eligible passengers web page actually does not say anything about PY access, either complimentary, purchasable, or not available, just not mentioned at all.)
As an add-on... My PR service on YYJ-YYZ was outstanding. MY PY/PE service on YYZ-TLV (full service AC in theory) was terrible. They seemed to have great service in the front cabin, though, so the distinction might not be so clear.

Dr. PITUK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.