Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PDX-YVR-ICN-TPE transfer help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2019, 7:32 am
Original Poster

PDX-YVR-ICN-TPE transfer help

Ok I need a little help here, I bought this award ticket through united airlines and flying AC for most of it (PDX-YVR-ICN) and TG from ICN - TPE. I just checked in at AC and they couldn't check me in from ICN-TPE and they couldn't check my bags all the way through to TPE. Only to ICN. I already have such short connection from ICN - TPE (1 hour 10 minutes), is there anything I can do? or has anyone done the transfer at ICN with checked bags with a short connection?

I have a long layover in yer (4 hours) should I leave the security and go out to Thai airways Check in agent and try to check in for my flight from ICN - TPE? Im not sure if they can do this either.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 7:55 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Have the bags gone? I would have escalated until the bags were checked through. This is all star alliance and I presume on one ticket. Make them do it. You won't have time to exit, collect bags, recheck and get back in.

If the bags are gone and you have time, I would get them to pull them and recheck them all the way through.

Other option is YVR since you have a long layover to get them to pull it and check it all the way. Outstations like PDX might be the root of the problem. YVR should be competent enough to fix. You need to get an agent fast. Would help if you had status.
snowboardpunk likes this.

Last edited by BlondeBomber; Dec 11, 2019 at 8:00 am
Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Other option is to check bags only to YVR and then go deal with it there (just make sure you don't need any visa or special authorization to enter Canada).

There should be no reason why they cannot check the bags through for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.