Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Altitude Program Overview 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Altitude Program Overview 2020

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 8:59 pm

Programs: AC SE, Shangri-La & IHG Diamond, & Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Can you explain about the discount? You mean if I call to book a vacation and ask about giving me discount on that itinerary, they will obliged?
Old Feb 9, 2020, 6:03 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Swiftler
Can you explain about the discount? You mean if I call to book a vacation and ask about giving me discount on that itinerary, they will obliged?
Under partners offers when you look on Altitude, ACV is listed. Look under terms and conditions. Part of it is this (buth this says only till Dec 31, 2019 and is listed under 2019 offers. They have not printed or shown a 2020 offer yet.

:Terms and Conditions

To be eligible for the Air Canada Vacations offer, you must be an Air Canada Altitude member at time of booking. The Air Canada Vacations offer is valid for all eligible Air Canada Vacations pre-packaged getaways, cruises, and resort stays, with a combination of air and hotel or air and cruise, made between February 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019. Savings values are determined by base price, not including taxes, per person (discount amounts detailed below). All bookings must be made by calling Air Canada Vacations at 1 877 752 9910 and a valid Aeroplan number must be provided at time of booking.

$3000 or more = $200 per person
$2500 to $2999 = $150 per person
$2000 to $2499 = $125 per person
$1500 to $1999 = $100 per person
$800 to $1499 = $50 per person
Old Feb 9, 2020, 9:06 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by RangerNS
That is true in isolation, but doesn't consider that consumers have the ability to see what the other guy is doing. There is an expectation of a kickback reward, and all the airlines publish tables of their kickbacks rewards.

The number of people going on mileage or segment runs - motivated by status, as opposed to the simple joyful "non purpose" flying[1] would be insignificant to ACs big picture. (EYW is an obvious exception to rewarding incremental spend with bonus multiplers, but even then, its only really 50 or 100 people who get a lot of bonus)

AC doesn't do a particularly good job encouraging incremental spend. You get AQD for eUp copays, but not for BoB, for example. Do you get AQD for luggage or seat selection fees?

I think their reward program is more about matching the other carriers kickbacks, otherwise they would actually encourage incremental spend with big bonuses for status metrics.

[1] ducks

In fact Air Canada had always been very good at discouaging incremental spend. I don't follow as closely but I don't see any sugnificant change.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 6:04 am

Programs: AC SE, Shangri-La & IHG Diamond, & Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by mapleg
Under partners offers when you look on Altitude, ACV is listed. Look under terms and conditions. Part of it is this (buth this says only till Dec 31, 2019 and is listed under 2019 offers. They have not printed or shown a 2020 offer yet.

:Terms and Conditions

To be eligible for the Air Canada Vacations offer, you must be an Air Canada Altitude member at time of booking. The Air Canada Vacations offer is valid for all eligible Air Canada Vacations pre-packaged getaways, cruises, and resort stays, with a combination of air and hotel or air and cruise, made between February 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019. Savings values are determined by base price, not including taxes, per person (discount amounts detailed below). All bookings must be made by calling Air Canada Vacations at 1 877 752 9910 and a valid Aeroplan number must be provided at time of booking.

$3000 or more = $200 per person
$2500 to $2999 = $150 per person
$2000 to $2499 = $125 per person
$1500 to $1999 = $100 per person
$800 to $1499 = $50 per person
Thank you for this!
Old Mar 8, 2020, 10:59 am

Programs: AC*75K, Hhonors Diamond
I was 75k for 2019 but only qualified for 35k for 2020. It didn’t let me select any of my 2020 choices until late Feb, when I selected the 35% bonus miles. I was thinking that they would retroactively credit me those miles for the flights I took in Jan and Feb now that the new benefit year has started but that hasn’t happened yet. Anyone have any experience as to when that normally happens?
Old Mar 8, 2020, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by hallwax0r
I was 75k for 2019 but only qualified for 35k for 2020. It didn’t let me select any of my 2020 choices until late Feb, when I selected the 35% bonus miles. I was thinking that they would retroactively credit me those miles for the flights I took in Jan and Feb now that the new benefit year has started but that hasn’t happened yet. Anyone have any experience as to when that normally happens?
35k in 2019 and 2020, and I also haven't received my bonus miles for any flights this year. AC rep told me these would start being processed after March 1, but still nothing. I'll give it another couple of weeks and then will contact them again.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC 35k
It’s worth noting there’s already a revenue based way to status: buy a 6 month unlimited flight pass. If it’s business it’s instant SE. You don’t actually have to fly anywhere with this option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.