Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Dear Santa - could AC please give me ......

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022

Waiting for my first recognition of 50k elite for 2020, and experienced a good cross section of flights to earn this status including PE back from SF yesterday. The flight was like most of my AC experiences - like a "curate's egg" - good in parts. The inconsistencies DRIVE ME MAD. So I thought my top 10 (first world) issues with AC which a bit of attention and dollars would do a lot for the brand.

10. At number 10, put a curtain between PE and economy. No privacy from coach including the constant foot traffic to use the PE loo.
9. Serve Goose Island IPA in PE. So, I was offered lager, lager or lager - three choices yesterday. When I asked for the Goose Island IPA (a buck or two more a tin - I was told I'd have to buy it)
8. Load the right balance of meals in PE for a YYZ to YVR or SFO sector. I have not had my choice the last three times now as they seem to load exactly the right number so the menu becomes redundant after the first row
7. Change your IFE programming. Got to the point now where I don't bother looking as there is nothing of interest
6. At number 6, fix the USB ports on the E190s. Yes I know they're on borrowed time and are due to go. What else isn't being maintained on them
5. Change the menu in the lounges! Bored of knorr packet soups, dips out of a vat out the back, and replenish the bananas occasionally
4. Give me more than 46 AQMs for a 600 buck ticket between YOW and YYZ. Though the race to lob pretzels and water by junior crew and only finish half way down the aircraft provides weekly entertainment.
3. Put some crew back on the aircraft. On a 787-900 from SFO - 8 crew which is legal leaving 3 for Biz and 5 to do PE and Economy. PE service is all and then nothing as the crew get lost down the back selling rubbish food
2. Getting excited now : and at number 2 - do a drinks round before lunch or dinner in PE and Biz. Most carriers do that drinks round and so a drink and nibbles keeps us busy while food is heated. I have my entree foil left on so I can have a drink first AND THEN wine with the meal. (occasionally for fun I've had the one drink rule enforced too which gets the call bell going.)
1 And at number one. CHANGE THE MENUs. I am sure the omelette with ground beef and warm cottage cheese has been around for 5 years in coach. The cod in Biz - they must have bought a job lot. The creamy tortellini and Mexican Chicken thigh has been on the menu in PE for over a year. (save yourselves the menu cards - we know it off by heart!!) Loads of press on how their Chefs work hard to deliver delicious food and innovation. . My (tiny) chicken breast and veg in coach to/from London is made in Germany, 300 calories and nuked within an inch of it's life - read the label. Fascinating read and around a 2 bucks a unit. Add a second tomato, a second shaving of cheese, something other than inedible carrot cake and so on. The blandness, lack of imagination, low quality, lack of choice and lack of rotation is sloppy, lazy and shows an indifference to customers.

and I didn't even start on my status recognition, dirty aircraft, punctuality etc etc

Happy Holidays!
gcashin likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:50 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
No comment.
Getting my popcorn ready
Old Dec 10, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
An app that shows my selected seats. Or allows me to choose my seat. Or just the ability to select my seat online. Or, forget it, lump of coal for me.
gcashin likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Answer the @#\Ą!* phone?
gcashin, m.y, Symmetre and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 21, 2020 at 5:18 pm
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still believe in Santa, eh? :-)
jaysona likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by Stranger
Still believe in Santa, eh? :-)
Apparently so.......and it seems quite a few still believe in the Easter Bunny too!
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike

10. At number 10, put a curtain between PE and economy. No privacy from coach including the constant foot traffic to use the PE loo.
This.
JordanYVR, ecc and Diabeetus like this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike
9. Serve Goose Island IPA in PE. So, I was offered lager, lager or lager - three choices yesterday. When I asked for the Goose Island IPA (a buck or two more a tin - I was told I'd have to buy it)
This! Is there actually an option to buy this? I've never even heard about it, but that doesn't mean much.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by padawanflyer
This! Is there actually an option to buy this? I've never even heard about it, but that doesn't mean much.
Flightwaitresses willingness (or ability) to get, even charging, items from other cabins is widely varied. The hive mind reports everything from getting thing and not charging you, getting things and charging, refusing to try, or citing heisenpolicy forbidding it.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Dear Santa, could you please give free SDC to E50K and up?
Old Dec 11, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Arriving on time every now and then would be nice too.
ecc, Sopwith and skybluesea like this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Display actual meals in the app rather than just that there is a meal (e.g. lunch right after take off or wait a few hours then dinner?)
ecc and flyquiet like this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: AC Elite50k, BAEC Blue, Amex Plat, RBC Black Tin Visa
Nice post MMM. I got to Post 13 without anyone mentioning;

1. A half decent OTP. 75% of the continent has weather too you know...
2. J Class seats that don't deflate
3. Some nutty expensive longhaul fares in PE and J

I'm feeling pretty punk right now so I will stop and leave. Santa are u listening????

Last edited by TheOnlyWayTo Fly; Dec 11, 2019 at 3:39 pm Reason: Forget to tick Instant Notification
Old Dec 11, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: Air Canada E50K, FB Gold
Latitude fares priced at levels that make sense.

Unless you’re flying on an FP, or you’ve got a corporate deal. I haven’t seen a latitude fare that I could justifiably spend money on.
ecc and colombianbrew like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.