Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC126, why do they bother asking if you want to be woken-up for breakfast?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC126, why do they bother asking if you want to be woken-up for breakfast?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: AC SE
Have been taking the YYZ-LAX every week for past 2 months, Its been hit and miss. Some times they have woken me for breakfast 75 minutes before landing, on a 4 hour red eye flight, like c'mon. A couple of them they gave me until 30 min before which was better. In all honesty, the Cheese service could be cut, Just delays when you can get to sleep. The sneaky part about the wake up is when the seat pulses to start to wake you
Old Dec 5, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Is there a way to deflate the seats of those who requested breakfast prior to their meal?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 7:18 pm

The flight usually comes in at what, 3 3/4 hours or so?

So the weird karma in this is that the amount of time they are letting you sleep now closely correlates to the amount of time that you have to wait on hold when calling Air Canada post-Amadeus.

Bet you never thought of that math, huh?
24left likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by marke190
Is there a way to deflate the seats of those who requested breakfast prior to their meal?
maybe not... but AC often centrally turns on the seat massage feature around the start of breakfast service which wakes me up.

//somewhat related, the worst lack of wake-up service that we've experienced wasn't on AC--it was on an Emirates in F. Instead of an omelette, an expensive in flight shower was at stake. We had a bit of an argument but the FAs relented and let us shower during final descent.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by yyznomad
You should've been on the redeye flight with jaysona and I where we both asked to NOT be woken up, but the FA came around and physically shook us awake for breakfast anyway.
That's the worst version of not following instructions
Old Dec 6, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
If you sleep on your side and let your arm flop into the aisle, you will be woken up, I guarantee it. When the cart hits your arm, it will remove skin.

The FA did apologize to me, however.
Twickenham likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
They did you a favour by not forcing you to eat the breakfast.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Bump! More breakfast wake up non wake up stories please!
The OP's experiences are very common on the transcon redeyes.
or maybe just on 126.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
I've been woken up pretty aggressively on 158 a couple of times so maybe it's just a 126 thing. I can never seem to learn that an extra 30 minutes of sleep is always better than AC breakfast.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by marke190
I've been woken up pretty aggressively on 158 a couple of times so maybe it's just a 126 thing. I can never seem to learn that an extra 30 minutes of sleep is always better than AC breakfast.
When you’ve worked 15 hours a day for a week straight and then take 126 (or when I took that flight, it was 156), you sleep through anything. That one time, I woke up to a jolt, still in my lie-flat position, and looked around to find that we had just landed at YYZ.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: AC*SE
My real problem with any of those red eye flights is half the FAs turn all the lights on, or quite bright and then even if I don't want to wake up i'm awake. Generally on Canadian red eyes I get more 'dark' time in Y which is nuts.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by CdnFlier
My real problem with any of those red eye flights is half the FAs turn all the lights on, or quite bright and then even if I don't want to wake up i'm awake. Generally on Canadian red eyes I get more 'dark' time in Y which is nuts.
From my discussions with SDs and FAs on transcon redeyes, most seem to either have misbid or are junior.
80% of the time I find it to be DGAF crews.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.