YUL Domestic Connection Security

Old Dec 2, 19, 12:50 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: YYZ/ZAG, as my username suggests
Programs: Air Canada 25K, Star Silver
Posts: 417
YUL Domestic Connection Security

I'm planning a mileage run YYZ-YUL in December, same day return (about 2 hours later). I'm wondering if I would have to clear security in YUL after getting off my inbound flight in order to go the MLL, and then to the gate for my outbound flight.

Thanks!
yyztozag is offline  
Old Dec 2, 19, 12:53 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Halifax
Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National
Posts: 3,416
Originally Posted by yyztozag View Post
I'm planning a mileage run YYZ-YUL in December, same day return (about 2 hours later). I'm wondering if I would have to clear security in YUL after getting off my inbound flight in order to go the MLL, and then to the gate for my outbound flight.

Thanks!
Not unless you really screw up.

Remember that it will be the DOM MLL; there is a BP check to get to any of the international area.
RangerNS is offline  
Old Dec 2, 19, 1:06 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: YYZ/ZAG, as my username suggests
Programs: Air Canada 25K, Star Silver
Posts: 417
Originally Posted by RangerNS View Post
Not unless you really screw up.

Remember that it will be the DOM MLL; there is a BP check to get to any of the international area.
Screw up as in go to baggage hall?

I could swear that I went to the international MLL last year on a domestic flight... is this still possible?
yyztozag is offline  
Old Dec 2, 19, 1:09 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Halifax
Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National
Posts: 3,416
Originally Posted by yyztozag View Post
Screw up as in go to baggage hall?

I could swear that I went to the international MLL last year on a domestic flight... is this still possible?
Yes. Don't do that.

No. As above, international is now zoned off. From landside, DOM security, but then also a BP check. So you would only have physical access to the DOM MLL. No trickery for the live pasta station possible.
RangerNS is offline  
Old Dec 2, 19, 1:10 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: YQB
Programs: AC SEMM
Posts: 525
Originally Posted by yyztozag View Post
Screw up as in go to baggage hall?

I could swear that I went to the international MLL last year on a domestic flight... is this still possible?
No, you really can't screw up...you just have to stay airside. And no, you can't access the Int MLL anymore. That is a relatively recent change.
run&fly is offline  
Old Dec 2, 19, 1:17 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Posts: 17,871
Originally Posted by RangerNS View Post
Not unless you really screw up.......
^

Originally Posted by yyztozag View Post
.....I could swear that I went to the international MLL last year on a domestic flight... is this still possible?
Originally Posted by RangerNS View Post
.....No. As above, international is now zoned off. ......
Originally Posted by run&fly View Post
No, you really can't screw up...you just have to stay airside. And no, you can't access the Int MLL anymore. That is a relatively recent change.
There. Settled.
24left is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: