FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Class Action Lawsuit Against Aeroplan? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1997798-class-action-lawsuit-against-aeroplan.html)

mapleg Dec 5, 2019 8:26 am

If I find the line ups at the cashiers too long at my local grocery store, should I start a class action law suit? Obviously not.

The advice given by others above to vote with your wallet is the correct approach.

FifthBiz Dec 5, 2019 8:38 am

Originally Posted by skybluesea (Post 31808119)
Despite numerous existing protections and laws, this is still happening.

So respectfully, more laws will make NO difference.

And let's not forget Aeroplan, which is what this Thread is about, is just a travel agent embedded in Air Canada.

Unfortunately, only two effective choices remain.

Either nationalize Air Canada, and let government run this mess (further into the ground, IMHO).

or

Stop protecting Air Canada from global competition and allow any competitor who is safe into the Canadian marketplace.

And NO lawsuit will make Aeroplan do what you wish - NO court can make something happen, all they can do is force compensation where a breach has occurred.

Instead, and which I have done twice already since the Amadeus transition, write to Air Canada and/or Aeroplan depending on the particulars of your beef and demand action.

And better yet, join in and call on other FTers to do the same as Class Action is folly in the wind, when pressing action is needed now...

Where’s the breach of contract? You booked a flight and you got it. Service standards of how many hours it takes to answer your call to change a flight is at best ancillary to the contract and in my perspective quite irrelevant. You don’t like the wait times - go and cancel and move on. There’s no service standard in the call, and they were never obliged to take your call in the first place.

What are your legal damages? No one seems to be able to answer this, because you don’t have any.

songsc Dec 5, 2019 8:46 am

The best way is to vote with your wallet. I can't measure the damage of call centre wait time, but AC/AP can measure it if they see a drop in revenue and profit.

skybluesea Dec 5, 2019 8:46 am

delete

Joel Peru Dec 5, 2019 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by mapleg (Post 31808197)
If I find the line ups at the cashiers too long at my local grocery store, should I start a class action law suit? Obviously not.

The advice given by others above to vote with your wallet is the correct approach.

But do the cashier's tell you to go home once you fill up your cart because the lines are too long?

Stewart Keizer Dec 12, 2019 9:40 am

Loss of travel miles.................cannot get through to aeroplan on phone

Originally Posted by drvannostren (Post 31798816)
I agree this Aeroplan situation is BS. But yea, I'm not sure a class action lawsuit is the way to go.

I've got a huge max length, max segments J round the world booking. Segments keep dropping off, I've contacted AP probably 8 times about it, they always graciously fix it, purchase the segments that are needed to be purchased, then I'm all set. Only to have segments drop off again a week or two later. Now, my trip isn't until Jan but I'm concerned about it for sure. I'm amazed that they're not offering call backs. Not even offering holds most of the time.

Again if you're ALWAYS experiencing higher than expected call volumes, should you not raise your expectations of call volumes? I think we're beyond them hiring a handful more bodies though. I'm not sure how much this has to do with the switch to amadeus and the big problems that has caused, or if this is something more. It needs to get fixed, but for now I'm kinda at their mercy as well. I'll have to make some calls to them at like 0300am PST and see if I can get in then. If not, I'll be checking with my travel insurance policy to see if I can buy my own flights if I have to last minute and bill them back or what to do. Cuz it's gonna be damned expensive that's for sure.

Stewart Keizer Dec 12, 2019 9:45 am

I have tried many times to get through on the "customer service" line.........what a joke...............anyone know how the @*#& we can get through????.....frustrated loyalty card holder......

skybluesea Dec 12, 2019 10:06 pm

delete

drvannostren Dec 16, 2019 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by skybluesea (Post 31834915)
good luck in resolving your travel requirements - and possibly your insurance may be able to assist.

And when AC/AP likely rejects your bill back, will you proceed to Small Court in the province where you live, or will you change your mind and join the class action :)

Well what else do you do?

My experience with AP is they're more than capable of solving these issues, but I can no longer actually get ahold of anyone to solve them. I'd go into their store/office, except that's not really an option presented. They've already purchased the flights for me, yet the segments still seem to disappear on their own. So I'd be expecting them to either A) live up to the booking I was already ticketed for, there's a contract of carriage there no? or B) that my travel insurance would cover it, but I could easily see them saying "this is an AP problem, they should've paid you back for these".

The only reason I'm not totally freaking out is my travel doesnt start until like right at the beginning of Feb, I'd HOPE that after the busy Christmas season maybe just maybe their call centre would calm down a bit. But when I call in right at the open and they won't take my call, that's no longer acceptable.

skybluesea Dec 17, 2019 7:51 am

delete

Speedy12 Dec 17, 2019 1:39 pm

"do you believe a Class Action Lawsuit would be effective, and would you join if indeed grounds existed for such action?"

Lawyers will be the big winners but if there is a class action lawsuit, why wouldn't any affected aeroplan member NOT join?

skybluesea Dec 17, 2019 8:56 pm

delete

jugaadkabaap Dec 20, 2019 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Stewart Keizer (Post 31832862)
I have tried many times to get through on the "customer service" line.........what a joke...............anyone know how the @*#& we can get through????.....frustrated loyalty card holder......

There is concrete way of getting through ; usually with < 15 min wait time - but I wont be posting it here because all the SE's in this forum will beat me to pulp. lol ha ha

Btw, whatever I said above have enough hints - good luck ;)

Sean Peever Dec 20, 2019 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by jugaadkabaap (Post 31862424)
There is concrete way of getting through ; usually with < 15 min wait time - but I wont be posting it here because all the SE's in this forum will beat me to pulp. lol ha ha

Btw, whatever I said above have enough hints - good luck ;)

I think the most impressive part about this is that you haven’t said anything above. Or were you using a different screen name?

jugaadkabaap Dec 20, 2019 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by Sean Peever (Post 31862505)
I think the most impressive part about this is that you haven’t said anything above. Or were you using a different screen name?

Well, I had been active in FT using an old screen name but nope I haven't commented on this thread prior. I was talking about the quoted bit. :)

There is concrete way of getting through ; usually with < 15 min wait time - but I wont be posting it here because all the SE's in this forum will beat me to pulp

frankieavalanche Feb 15, 2020 4:01 am

are you a member of aeroplan try reaching them listen to peoples complaints before you offer a solution that is also useless