E-Upgrade for family question

Old Nov 30, 19, 7:50 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Programs: AC SE MM
Posts: 292
E-Upgrade for family question

Hello all. I may be answering my own question but thought I'd ask anyways. I have a Flex fare YVR-CUN flight coming up next week for my family of 4. Upgrades are wide open as is the Premium Rouge cabin and I have a billion E-upgrades that I rarely use so I though this would be a perfect time to use some. Apparently I can only E-up myself and a companion. I could assign my SE nominee to one of my kids but then that would still only be 3 seats. I also considered getting a friend to make one of my kids their nominee so we could all be upgraded but seeing how these are all on the same PNR and it would have to be a call in, I'm not sure if it's even doable and if I can even get through. Does anyone know if a 4 year old can be a nominee for upgrades?

So bummed as this was the perfect time to use the upgrades and there's so much availability.

Thanks
Chowtime is offline  
Old Nov 30, 19, 10:49 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Programs: AC 50K, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Posts: 2,050
I wonder, can you upgrade yourself + one person on the booking with you (not your eUpgrade companion) THEN upgrade your eUpgrade companion (that's 3 - you will probably have to split their ticket to a separate PNR) and then do the 4th as an airport upgrade? I think airport upgrades are currently broken because of the reservation system upgrade.

If it's really wide open then you'll probably get a LMU offer on check-in for the one that doesn't get upgraded... you hope!
mikeyyz is offline  
Old Dec 1, 19, 1:45 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Programs: AC SE MM
Posts: 292
Originally Posted by mikeyyz View Post
I wonder, can you upgrade yourself + one person on the booking with you (not your eUpgrade companion) THEN upgrade your eUpgrade companion (that's 3 - you will probably have to split their ticket to a separate PNR) and then do the 4th as an airport upgrade? I think airport upgrades are currently broken because of the reservation system upgrade.

If it's really wide open then you'll probably get a LMU offer on check-in for the one that doesn't get upgraded... you hope!
Yes thats what I figured but as you said and AC has already sent out the email stating that there won't be any same day Upgrade requests taken because of the new system upgrades. With only 3 sets up front, whoever gets them will actually have the short straw I think being that they have to take care of 2 little girls
Chowtime is offline  
Old Dec 1, 19, 1:47 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 31,780
Originally Posted by Chowtime View Post
Yes thats what I figured but as you said and AC has already sent out the email stating that there won't be any same day Upgrade requests taken because of the new system upgrades. With only 3 sets up front, whoever gets them will actually have the short straw I think being that they have to take care of 2 little girls
Seems like a reasonable trade. But if you do that, please don't have the other parent going back and forth continuously.

This whole thing makes me wonder why they don't let you upgrade a whole PNR. If I have 40 eUps and want to upgrade 4 of us on SFO-YYZ, why should that really be an issue?
YYC3722 likes this.
canadiancow is offline  
Old Dec 1, 19, 9:40 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Programs: AC SE MM
Posts: 292
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Seems like a reasonable trade. But if you do that, please don't have the other parent going back and forth continuously.

This whole thing makes me wonder why they don't let you upgrade a whole PNR. If I have 40 eUps and want to upgrade 4 of us on SFO-YYZ, why should that really be an issue?
I know. I have 120 eupgrades that will likely expire. I think I may just leave it. I really don’t feel like trying to phone in and separate PNRs etc while they’re dealing with this new system and weather cancellations etc. With my luck, the whole thing would get totally screwed up and cause me more headaches just because I wanted to use up my eupgrades on an empty cabin.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience upgrading 4 people.
Chowtime is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: