Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

URGENT issue with UA award ticket on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Q re OLCI and inability to get a phone agent

Just did OLCI for EWR-YYZ-BOM tomorrow, when I clicked through to OLCI it said "Economy" for YYZ-BOM even though I booked business. However, seat 1A was still assigned. When I completed OLCI and received my BP in the email it shows 1A, Business and Group 1. I wanted to call AC to confirm on the phone, but they say they can't pick up, call back later. Should I just assume this was a glitch on the initial screen since the booking confirmation, BP and everything else show Biz and Seat 1A? Booked with UA miles, infrequent AC flier.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Just did OLCI for EWR-YYZ-BOM tomorrow, when I clicked through to OLCI it said "Economy" for YYZ-BOM even though I booked business. However, seat 1A was still assigned. When I completed OLCI and received my BP in the email it shows 1A, Business and Group 1. I wanted to call AC to confirm on the phone, but they say they can't pick up, call back later. Should I just assume this was a glitch on the initial screen since the booking confirmation, BP and everything else show Biz and Seat 1A? Booked with UA miles, infrequent AC flier.
You'll be fine. I assume your EWR-YYZ flight is also operated by AC, so you'll be more than fine. At least you won't encounter agents who accuse you of not having paid for your business class seat.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:51 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YYT82
You'll be fine. I assume your EWR-YYZ flight is also operated by AC, so you'll be more than fine. At least you won't encounter agents who accuse you of not having paid for your business class seat.
EWR-YYZ is "AC" but operated by one of the regional subsidiaries. Just want to make sure i'm not stuck in coach for the 14+ hour to Mumbai haha. Figure if I have a BP for 1A that says "Business" it should be OK even if one screen was wrong during OLCI.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 9:37 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
1A is a J seat. You'll be fine. Quit worrying.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
1A is a J seat. You'll be fine. Quit worrying.
Just got an email from AC changing the times for both flights and again calling the customer contact # they say something like "sorry, we have changed our system and due to high call volume we can't answer."

Is there any way to actually speak to someone at this worthless airline and figure out what's going on?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

It says AC 7651 is cancelled but it also says this is my updated flight and of course...no one available to answer the phone.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

They sent an email changing my PNR, it will not let me check-in or manage my booking online and I can't get anyone on the phone and it shows my flight from NYC-YYZ as cancelled and the times changed on my YYZ-BOM flight, WHAT IS GOING ON
Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Now it is trying to move all my flights forward a day even though AC 46 is scheduled to operated as expected tomorrow!? This makes no sense. Sure would be nice if AC had a working phone center.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Booked EWR-YYZ-BOM on AC through UA and paid in full Feb. 20. Travel is tomorrow. An hour ago I get a notification that they have changed all my flights, I guess EWR-YYZ tomorrow is cancelled. They are trying to push all my flights forward to Dec 2nd which is not acceptable as I have to be there on the 2nd, not the 3rd. YYZ-BOM (AC 46) is still operating tomorrow and there are still other NYC-YYZ flights available tomorrow in J, even for award redemption so can anyone explain what is going on here? Also, can't change to other sane option online (like LGA-YYZ and connect as planned to YYZ-BOM) and can't get anyone on the phone at UA or AC...also no response from either twitter. What do I do?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:19 pm

Booked EWR-YYZ-BOM on AC through UA and paid in full Feb. 20. Travel is tomorrow. An hour ago I get a notification that they have changed all my flights, I guess EWR-YYZ tomorrow is cancelled. They are trying to push all my flights forward to Dec 2nd which is not acceptable as I have to be there on the 2nd, not the 3rd. YYZ-BOM (AC 46) is still operating tomorrow and there are still other NYC-YYZ flights available tomorrow in J, even for award redemption so can anyone explain what is going on here? Also, can't change to other sane option online (like LGA-YYZ and connect as planned to YYZ-BOM) and can't get anyone on the phone at UA or AC...also no response from either twitter. What do I do?
Assuming you do not have status with UA. Best way to handle with a flight tomorrow is to call. If there's an hour+ queue you'll have to wait unfortunately. Nothing else can really do.

If you do have status, call the Premier line and you should get faster service.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bmw303
Assuming you do not have status with UA. Best way to handle with a flight tomorrow is to call. If there's an hour+ queue you'll have to wait unfortunately. Nothing else can really do.

If you do have status, call the Premier line and you should get faster service.
On the phone now, they are saying Air Canada unilaterally changed me from 12/1 to 12/2 and they can't get it back. I NEVER ACCEPTED any changes and UA agrees I can easily get NYC to YYZ tomorrow as there's award space but now say they can't get my seat back on AC 46. What are my options, UA should be obligated to get me to my destination on the proper day, no?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Call. Put the phone on speaker + mute and multitask. It may well take 60-90 minutes to get your call answered. With massive IRROPS, you may have a longer than usual wait as an elite.

When you do reach UA, have the specific flight numbers ready to go. The easier you make it, the more likely you are to get it.
RNE likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
Call. Put the phone on speaker + mute and multitask. It may well take 60-90 minutes to get your call answered. With massive IRROPS, you may have a longer than usual wait as an elite.

When you do reach UA, have the specific flight numbers ready to go. The easier you make it, the more likely you are to get it.
See above, I have the flight # to YYZ but they are saying they can't put me back in the seat I booked in Feb from YYZ to BOM.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:29 pm

See above, I have the flight # to YYZ but they are saying they can't put me back in the seat I booked in Feb from YYZ to BOM.
Ask them if there is an Air Canada Liaison who can assist or when you HUCA immediately ask for a supervisor. I'm guessing there is no United operated flight that works for you?
RNE likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bmw303
Ask them if there is an Air Canada Liaison who can assist or when you HUCA immediately ask for a supervisor. I'm guessing there is no United operated flight that works for you?
Travel is tomorrow, the only currently available routing is an awful LH one I am not interested in. The agent said she has been trying AC and no one answers, much like the "customer support" # for AC I tried that tells you no one is available and they cant place you on hold, bye. This is maddening. What's the point on planning and booking in advance just to have the airline take your seats away less than 24 hours before travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.