Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

URGENT issue with UA award ticket on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

URGENT issue with UA award ticket on AC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2019, 5:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by rankourabu
lol... yup, most of us know it... but this is the AC forum, so be aware that the love for AC runs deep here

And no, you will not reach anyone at AC, especially with the ice storm tomorrow at YYZ.
Since your first flight is cancelled, can you not call UA to reroute you since its their ticket? You ll never get anywhere with AC.
On hold again with them again. Apparently (as per last UA agent who transferred me to AC) when EWR-YYZ was cancelled, AC went in and pushed the entire routing to EWR-YYZ-BOM on 12/2 (instead of 12/1 as booked) and now there's no award J space showing on YYZ-BOM tomorrow so UA cant put me back in the seat I booked back in Feb and the seat I NEVER AGREED to be changed out of, only AC can. It boggles the mind why when EWR-YYZ was cancelled AC thought the best option was to change my date of travel and not put me on another NYC-YYZ flight. Would probably be easy to sort if I could EVER get someone from AC on the phone, but that seems impossible. Astoundingly awful.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Givent that there is an IRROPS in place at YYZ, can you see your booking in the Cancelled and Interrupted flight service page? Does it let you see any suggested changes?

Also, other folks will know better - if OP is in J, doesn't that entitle him/her to Concierge service? i.e. a phone line that might answer?
I'd try to get the phone number for the AC concierge service. Have you checked your reservation/ticket and other documents for the number? Alternatively, have you tried to find the number on the AC website and in the AC forum here on FT?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Since you have no status - and nobody is answering the phone - perhaps show up at the airport tomorrow and duke it out with AC in person

At the time of your first post, if you are near EWR you could've spoken to an AC agent - I think the last AC flight out of EWR is 8:45pm
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 5:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Since you have no status - and nobody is answering the phone - perhaps show up at the airport tomorrow and duke it out with AC in person
Which airport? The EWR-YYZ is cancelled. I already checked in and got BPs for EWR-YYZ-BOM before this started, trying to get put on LGA-YYZ tomorrow, but again no one answers.

re. concierge "Air Canada Signature Class customers on an Air Canada-operated flight originally booked and ticketed in the following classes are eligible for select Concierge services: J, C, D, Z and P." Award books into I.

so when I log into "manage my booking" on Air Canada it is showing me TWO sets now. One for 12/1, one for 12/2? Do I just show up at LGA tomorrow with my BP for YYZ-BOM printed and hope for the best?

but I am ALSO being shown:

Did the UA agent who rebooked me on LGA-YYZ accidentally force me into a biz revenue bucket (hence "J") on 12/1 and not properly close out 12/2?

On with another UA agent who gave me a 016 ticket # and indicates I am ticketed and confirmed LGA-YYZ-BOM all through in J. IF I have a ticket # it should be all good? I asked them to forward me the email. On a brief hold.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 30, 2019 at 7:41 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Nov 30, 2019, 5:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

If you can't answer the damn phones at least let people manage the bookings and fix it online. No way to fix it myself AND no way to contact someone from the airline...great!
Old Nov 30, 2019, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
If you can't answer the damn phones at least let people manage the bookings and fix it online. No way to fix it myself AND no way to contact someone from the airline...great!
They havent been answering phones for 2 weeks.. Even top tier waits 2+ hours ...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...g-amadeus.html
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Now it's showing BOTH of these...possible when I asked UA agent to move me to AC 707 after EWR was cancelled she forced me into a revenue bucket on YYZ-BOM hence "J?" The EWR-YYZ-BOM in I is what AC moved me to without my permission for 12/1. I can't get AC or UA on the phone. Before this went haywire I did OLCI, so I have a BP for AC 46 tomorrow. Show up to LGA and hope they put me on AC 707 and keep me on AC 46?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:06 pm

Now it's showing BOTH of these...possible when I asked UA agent to move me to AC 707 after EWR was cancelled she forced me into a revenue bucket on YYZ-BOM hence "J?" The EWR-YYZ-BOM in I is what AC moved me to without my permission for 12/1. I can't get AC or UA on the phone. Before this went haywire I did OLCI, so I have a BP for AC 46 tomorrow. Show up to LGA and hope they put me on AC 707 and keep me on AC 46?
I would do that if I were you. also, go into OLCI and standby on other available flights. Get to Toronto.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is tomorrow actually ticketed? The problem with showing up at LGA is that AC may say - its not ticketed - needs to be reissued by UA.

The weather tomorrow will be bad - the LGA flight may not even happen - and you may get rerouted on other carriers anyway.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:10 pm

Is tomorrow actually ticketed? The problem with showing up at LGA is that AC may say - its not ticketed - needs to be reissued by UA.

The weather tomorrow will be bad - the LGA flight may not even happen - and you may get rerouted on other carriers anyway.
OP should get into the Saudi site to lookup the ticket to see if it actually ticketed out of LGA?

Also, everyone should go in and buy up all the YYZ-BOM flights in J full fare to block seats for this poor guy, LOL. 24 hr refund and all, you know? So sad.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Do I just show up at LGA tomorrow with my BP for YYZ-BOM printed and hope for the best?

If you never get anyone on the phone - I'd go to the airport - early when the first AC agents start.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Also, everyone should go in and buy up all the YYZ-BOM flights in J full fare to block seats for this poor guy, LOL. 24 hr refund and all, you know? So sad.
YYZ-BOM will probably be ok .... LGA/EWR-YYZ tomorrow.... not so much....

I think a fair outocome would be that UA does indeed rebook the OP in full J - and the OP gets to collect a gazzilion MP miles based on price of ticket
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The UA agent who just put me on hold SAID it's ticketed, but I am awaiting his email.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The UA agent who just put me on hold SAID it's ticketed, but I am awaiting his email.
If thats the case, at least one airlne knows how to get it right. Good luck tomorrow dealing with AC IRROPS! You ll need it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.