Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Using AC discount code on AC flight, but not ac.com flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2019, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum

Is it possible to apply an AC code for a flight I can't find on ac.com, but seems to be AC ticket?

Looking for YVR-NRT. Prices are much higher than what I'm used to paying over the past few years, 2 business pax. Usually aim for 3k pp return. I have a 15% discount code I'd like to apply to the following itinerary, but AC.com only giving me the direct route both ways, at a total of 13k which I will not spend. The flight below is the direct I'd like, and I don't mind the one stop on the return. If I can apply the discount to this route pairing, I can live with that. Outbound leg is AC, return leg seems to be AC on the TPAC, and asiana on the NRT-ICN (but sold from ac?)

Other options out of SEA/SFO/LAX, direct or one stop, to NRT/HND all seem more expensive. The only cheaper option I've found is a 24hr flight YVR-HND through Manilla on Phillipines, but that's too long.

Thanks

Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
I don’t know if it’s true but an agent told me has to be AC metal.

Is the Asiana sector an AC codeshare but operated by Asiana? I used a promo code on a trip to AU where one sector was operated by Virgin but an AC codeshare and it accepted the discount.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by Bartolo
I don’t know if it’s true but an agent told me has to be AC metal.

Is the Asiana sector an AC codeshare but operated by Asiana? I used a promo code on a trip to AU where one sector was operated by Virgin but an AC codeshare and it accepted the discount.
Not all AC metal, but all AC flight numbers. Therefore, AC codeshared flights operated by other airlines is okay. However, I believe the various international fares on AC have the stipulations that the long haul segment(s) be on AC metal.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
What happens when you search on AC.com without the code, and then again with the code?
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I had a hard time with the pricing on Dec 19-21 returning to Canada from Asia.... most of the flights are quite full in the J cabin, thus you are paying J or C fares...

AC 4 on Dec 19 is J2C2D0Z0P0
Old Dec 1, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
no

IMO, there is no way to use an AC discount coupon other than via the aircanada WEB site. I have reached out to the contact centre - who confirmed this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 11:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
IMO, there is no way to use an AC discount coupon other than via the aircanada WEB site. I have reached out to the contact centre - who confirmed this.
not true, my corporate concur flight search allow me to enter ac coupon code.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Travel agents can use them too, but they have to book through the AC website.

Also, if you are trying to force an itinerary, you can use Matrix Powertools and use the AC Discount code.
YYT82 and canadiancow like this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Plumber
Also, if you are trying to force an itinerary, you can use Matrix Powertools and use the AC Discount code.
Can you do that on the CAD version of the site though? I have played around with that option last week but it would always direct me to a booking page in USD.

Last edited by jasdou; Dec 1, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Old Dec 1, 2019, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou
Can you do that on the CAD version of the site though? I have played around with that option last week but it would always direct me to a booking page in USD.
Yes you can.

Though I am not an expert in Powertools and a very nice and helpful FTer helped me force an itinerary last week and it was in CAD. I tried going to a travel agent, but they met the same restriction as the AC website, as they need to book it on the site if you want to use the discount code.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by jasdou
You can get it to bill you in GBP, EUR, AUD, NZD, or many other major currencies, too. But the process is slightly more complicated than just entering the code and hit "Open"

USD is the default and by far the most convenient.
Plumber and canadiancow like this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
What happens when you search on AC.com without the code, and then again with the code?
I’ve done it many times. With code has always been cheaper. Easy way to see true value of the code on a particular itinerary.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Plumber
How?
How can I add a discount code to a Powertools link?

Last edited by sokolov; Feb 12, 2020 at 12:16 pm
Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by sokolov
How?
How can I add a discount code to a Powertools link?
I have had a very helpful FTer do this for me in the past, as I am not experienced enough with PowerTools... I just know its possible.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Powertools has this an option, or you can just throw &AUTHORIZATION_ID=1234567890 on the end of the URL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.