Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:08 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
The AC apologists would likely jump all over me for sarcastically repeating the "Business as usual" statement given by AC and its COO. So I won't do that.

But I agree that it is very unlikely that AC would lose everyone's bookings. Given that, it's still been an unhappy experience for an awful lot of customers.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Has anyone contacted the concierge about getting these cleared before departure? I'm at about T-46, and don't want to miss the last business day before my flight if there's something that can be done.
Yes, I did. I'm still at T-5days, so you're closer than I am ... but I did reach out to the concierge, and they confirmed that I'm on the upgrade list but declined to clear me at this point.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canopus27
Yes, I did. I'm still at T-5days, so you're closer than I am ... but I did reach out to the concierge, and they confirmed that I'm on the upgrade list but declined to clear me at this point.
to be clear... who rejected you... concierge via NRD, or just concierge?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
to be clear... who rejected you... concierge via NRD, or just concierge?
Not sure what NRD means.

I emailed the main Concierge email address (not an airport one), and asked them if they could process my eupgrade request (for an SEMM with a paid PY seat on a J9 TATL). They replied very politely and told me "I am happy to confirm that you are wait listed for the flight". Which isn't exactly what I asked but I'm not going to push the issue for another day or so.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by davesmunroe
Based on my experience today, no. I was #6 on the list with 9 empty J seats. Because no one can request an upgrade once check-in opens, it actually seems like you have a good chance to get your spot.

Tons of folks were turned away requesting upgrades, but it seemed everyone high enough on the list cleared without issue.
Have been monitoring some upgrade lists the last couple days and I can see there are people standing by for upgrades (not employees).

I thought during this transition period upgrades on waitlist not confirmed by T-24hr will be cancelled and requesting upgrade during airport check-in will be unavailable?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I don't want to double post but I had a heck of a time eUpping an R4 flight just now. It wasn't the transition period but the charming new website, hence the thread where I posted.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31788665-post5214.html
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by etkuo
Have been monitoring some upgrade lists the last couple days and I can see there are people standing by for upgrades (not employees).

I thought during this transition period upgrades on waitlist not confirmed by T-24hr will be cancelled and requesting upgrade during airport check-in will be unavailable?
Maybe, but my interpretation was that they couldn'd add new people within 24 hours to the upgrade wait list. I don't recall it being explicitly stated that if you were already on the list you'd be booted off at the 24hr mark.

[Edit - I think I'm incorrect: as per AC "You will not be able to request upgrades at the airport, and unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that upgrades which were not cleared prior to check in will be processed at the gate, even if a seat is available."]

Last edited by tomvancouver; Nov 29, 2019 at 7:48 pm
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canopus27
Not sure what NRD means.

I emailed the main Concierge email address (not an airport one), and asked them if they could process my eupgrade request (for an SEMM with a paid PY seat on a J9 TATL). They replied very politely and told me "I am happy to confirm that you are wait listed for the flight". Which isn't exactly what I asked but I'm not going to push the issue for another day or so.
National Resource Desk aka "Resource Desk".

Lol almost sounds like the concierges misinterpreted the request or something.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: SE 100K
As a (positive) datapoint:

E75K. T-12 until my YVR > YYZ flight.
Logged on, space for PE so just took that rather than chancing the J waitlist - especially with the recent changes and uncertainty.

All went smoothly though.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: AP Altitude E75K
eUP Clearance - FINALLY

AC556 YVR to LAX, Monday Dec 2
"Comfort"
E50 --> submitted my eUpgrade request 10 days in. "Waitlisted"
Upgraded cleared this morning around 6:45am EST and was alerted via SMS and email. Had to call in to get a seat assignment.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ruven
AC556 YVR to LAX, Monday Dec 2
"Comfort"
E50 --> submitted my eUpgrade request 10 days in. "Waitlisted"
Upgraded cleared this morning around 6:45am EST and was alerted via SMS and email. Had to call in to get a seat assignment.
Good to know. More hope for us plebs.

any idea what the inventory was like this morning? Currently it is

Results from ExpertFlyer.com

AC 556 0 YVR LAX 320 Daily J5 C5 D5 Z1 P0 R0 Y0 B0 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 G0 S0 T0 L0 A0 K0
12/02/19 16:30 12/02/19 19:25 92% / 11m
Old Nov 29, 2019, 5:49 pm

Has anyone contacted the concierge about getting these cleared before departure? I'm at about T-46, and don't want to miss the last business day before my flight if there's something that can be done.
Here's hoping that canadiancow keeps us informed on what worked (and what didn't) on his upgrade adventure.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Just sent an email after seeing the responses here. Flight is J5, around T-34. I'll let you know the response.
canopus27 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:39 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
The AC apologists would likely jump all over me for sarcastically repeating the "Business as usual" statement given by AC and its COO. So I won't do that.

But I agree that it is very unlikely that AC would lose everyone's bookings. Given that, it's still been an unhappy experience for an awful lot of customers.
Somewhere in Air Canada land someone is thinking to themselves "Hold my beer."
Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just sent an email after seeing the responses here. Flight is J5, around T-34. I'll let you know the response.
What's Y and PE showing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.