Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YYT82
The remark on my BP was for upgrade confirmed pre-migration, flight post-migration.
I see. I'll report what I see on mine in a couple of days (confirmed pre-migration).
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:26 am
Formerly known as tireman77
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
In general, I think pre-cleared eUpgrades not showing on the list makes more sense now... it's like you "purchased" your J seat already so there's no need to show up on any standby list or waitlist or nonsense list.

So OP, what's the update?
Sitting #4 on the list 26/29 booked 17 checked in. Hoping someone has a last minute change of plans or a missed connection....

The P Leb in question has never flown J on a 787 and is almost as much of a plane geek than this P Leblond. So for him, I'm really hoping he gets lucky.

And while I'M at it... why is this XX/29? There are 30 J seats on this bird. Do they block one for crew on these really long flights for the extra relief pilot?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Sitting #4 on the list 26/29 booked 17 checked in. Hoping someone has a last minute change of plans or a missed connection....

The P Leb in question has never flown J on a 787 and is almost as much of a plane geek than this P Leblond. So for him, I'm really hoping he gets lucky.

And while I'M at it... why is this XX/29? There are 30 J seats on this bird. Do they block one for crew on these really long flights for the extra relief pilot?
Could also be a defective seat.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Either that, or one seat is not operational?
--
13F
Old Nov 27, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: AC MM+
Was this upgrade confirmed pre-migration? Maybe the code only shows for post-migration-applied upgrades?
confirmed pre-migration.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Update. P Leb, nor #3 were upgraded at the gate. From what he could see, no one was upgraded at the gate. PY was full and is still 100% full with no sound of gate upgrades for that cabin neither. App says 26/29 booked, 28 checked in so maybe 2 cleared. #3 was an SE, so not a question of status.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update. P Leb, nor #3 were upgraded at the gate. From what he could see, no one was upgraded at the gate. PY was full and is still 100% full with no sound of gate upgrades for that cabin neither. App says 26/29 booked, 28 checked in so maybe 2 cleared. #3 was an SE, so not a question of status.
Thanks for the update.
That sucks.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Last edited by 24left; Oct 16, 2020 at 7:09 am
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@PLeblond

You asked why only 29 seats are available on AC 57. Assume it's because 8K is for pilot rest.

P.S. I did look on AC, but this is all I get

Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
@PLeblond

You asked why only 29 seats are available on AC 57. Assume it's because 8K is for pilot rest.

P.S. I did look on AC, but this is all I get

That was my initial suspicion. Thanks for the data point.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the update.
That sucks.
Hey. He's in a plane drinking wine in PY. He could stuck at a desk..like I am. And the YYZ-YUL upgrade cleared at booking so an omelette in a really old 320 in 15 hours.

All in all its a 3-percent-er problem.

Thanks for everyone's input. Much appreciated.

PS: I tired sending you a PM but your box is full.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey. He's in a plane drinking wine in PY. He could stuck at a desk..like I am. And the YYZ-YUL upgrade cleared at booking so an omelette in a really old 320 in 15 hours.

All in all its a 3-percent-er problem.

Thanks for everyone's input. Much appreciated.

PS: I tired sending you a PM but your box is full.
PLeblond
I guess my point of "That sucks" is more to do with (seemingly now) only SEs getting their R0 waitlist eUps being cleared prior to day of travel, and the rest of us are chopped liver.

Yeah, my PM inbox is way over quota so it will take time to do house cleaning... I think you have my personal email though?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
PLeblond
I guess my point of "That sucks" is more to do with (seemingly now) only SEs getting their R0 waitlist eUps being cleared prior to day of travel, and the rest of us are chopped liver.
Well I had a pre-24hr upgrade clear when R was showing 0, based on my O fare booking. I'm E50MM.
So maybe they do apply pre-day of upgrades according to the old rules.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

PLeblond

Yeah, my PM inbox is way over quota so it will take time to do house cleaning... I think you have my personal email though?
Understood. And as a former E50K who finished every year with all his eUps and could only fly in J if I actually paid for it I know the words to that song. Nothing new there.

I don't, but I'm pretty sure I can find it. Stay tuned.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tomvancouver
Well I had a pre-24hr upgrade clear when R was showing 0, based on my O fare booking. I'm E50MM.
So maybe they do apply pre-day of upgrades according to the old rules.
More importantly, what was P or Z (yes, the to/from cities matter).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.