Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by Lornag
Very kindly she contacted the concierge. She was told that they are no longer helping sub 100K passengers as they had been reprimanded. The gate agent asked to be walked through the process by the concierge but was unable to do it on her computer. She then told me that the reason the concierge were not doing it anymore was that it was a relatively manual process which required billing after the fact..
If its just the upgrade charges that can't be handled properly then AC should drop the charges until the new system is fully implemented. That would be the 'right' thing to do to maintain customer loyalty. With their share price at record levels, they can afford it.
The Lev and D582 like this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Upgrade Requests post Amadeus transition NOW MUCH MORE DIFFICULT

Yesterday, I tried to upgrade flights from YOW-YYZ-IAH and back - on flex fare - to be flown within 2 weeks.

Web site showed that the 4 flights were not upgradeable - the link suggested directed me to the page showing eligibility window for upgrade may not have been met. Of course, that was not the case. So I called agent - she processed the 2 Ottawa- Toronto flights. The 2 Toronto - Houston flights were not upgradeable - and she said the new system does not allow for wait lists until one does on-line check-in!

Fortunately, an hour later, I tried to upgrade on-line - and the system put me on the wait list for the 2 Toronto-Houston flights. So this agent was clearly wrong about upgrade wait lists.

Today, I tried to upgrade my sister (as a SE nominee) on a YVR-YYZ flight scheduled for 13 days from now - on wide body jet - no R space (lack of R space was entirely expected). Web site would not allow an upgrade request.
So I called agent, and she confirmed that her system showed that an upgrade request was not possible! She then called a concierge; the concierge was able to put her on upgrade waiting list.

But she told me that is another glitch with Amadeus system relating to upgrades - the wait list does not migrate when airport take over check in within 24 hours of departure. She told me that I should call the YVR concierge after my sister checks in, and ask her to put my sister on a airport wait list for upgrades.

Last edited by FlyerGoldII; Dec 31, 2019 at 11:01 am
Old Dec 31, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: AC E75K, MR/SPG Plat Ambassador, UA G
Did a mileage run YYZ->YOW return today (original routing was YTZ->YUL return but IROPS). When I called in to change return flight from YOW to earlier one, I asked for upgrade, agent gave me option to use eupgrades within T-4 which I didn't think was possible. Decided not to do it because there was co-pay but previously thought with new system this was not possible...
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:40 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Can anybody tell me where I can find out the number of eUps required for each fare class (Flex, Comfort, Latitude).

There used to be this calculator where I could input the route and then it would show me a list so I could easily figure out say, if I booked Comfort vs Flex I would save X eUp credits.

It was so simple ... is it hiding or has it been enhanced out of existence?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, WoH Explorist
I'm on AC833 from BRU to YUL tomorrow and it's currently showing J8 R1 according to BCDTravel's flight availability. Was placed on the waitlist on Wednesday and it didn't clear prior to checking in this morning. Didn't see my name on the upgrade list after checking in so I called them only to be told that I've been removed from the list because it didn't clear prior to T-36. The agent wasn't able to put me back on the waitlist and told me to talk to the gate agents at BRU tomorrow. I'm literally unable to give Air Canada the 500$ co-pa and there's still plenty of space up front.

Is there any trick I'm not aware of that might help me get get an eUpgrade at this point?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by dr_torch
Can anybody tell me where I can find out the number of eUps required for each fare class (Flex, Comfort, Latitude).

There used to be this calculator where I could input the route and then it would show me a list so I could easily figure out say, if I booked Comfort vs Flex I would save X eUp credits.

It was so simple ... is it hiding or has it been enhanced out of existence?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31897938-post1067.html

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Originally Posted by TOR27
With the old eupgrade site being shut down, the new pages don't seem to list out the various credits needed per fare bucket, just the "starting at" number. Has anyone come across anything which would actually show the current number of credits required by fare class and bucket?
@TOR27

ugh, keep on reminding myself to set up wikis and more formal avenues to find the proper links... here's what you're looking for
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html

We keep on posting this exact link all over the forum... I think there's at least five or six instances in different threads ever since AC decided to remove this important page.
dr_torch likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:58 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
So my eupg post Amadeus cleared for next week. So maybe things are getting better. It was waitlisted when I requested but cleared a few days later.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by vernonc
So my eupg post Amadeus cleared for next week. So maybe things are getting better. It was waitlisted when I requested but cleared a few days later.
If it was cleared by a concierge or rev man hamsters, then nothing has changed, really.

Plus, this thread is OT for you since you're not a "regular" peon like the rest of us.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:15 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
If it was cleared by a concierge or rev man hamsters, then nothing has changed, really.

Plus, this thread is OT for you since you're not a "regular" peon like the rest of us.
Don't know who cleared it. I did not call, just put the request on-line. Its a Rouge flight so was not desperate for the upgrade, just trying to use expiring eupg.
And I am a regular back of the bus peon. Just a SE peon.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by SweFlyer
I'm on AC833 from BRU to YUL tomorrow and it's currently showing J8 R1 according to BCDTravel's flight availability. Was placed on the waitlist on Wednesday and it didn't clear prior to checking in this morning. Didn't see my name on the upgrade list after checking in so I called them only to be told that I've been removed from the list because it didn't clear prior to T-36. The agent wasn't able to put me back on the waitlist and told me to talk to the gate agents at BRU tomorrow. I'm literally unable to give Air Canada the 500$ co-pa and there's still plenty of space up front.

Is there any trick I'm not aware of that might help me get get an eUpgrade at this point?
It's now T-12 and I suddenly appeared on the top of the upgrade list in the Air Canada app so I guess there's still some hope for burning off some of my expiring eUpgrade credits.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:07 pm

Using eUps for companions on reward tickets

Hi all:

I’m confused about the eUps process for travel companions on the same flight but not on the same reservation.

From what I gather online and from airport agents, it’s no longer possible to request eUpgrades at the airport. However, I just tried to put in an eUp request for my travel companion on a reward ticket (same flight different ticket) and was told that this needed to be done at the airport. Is this right? I’m just worried that I’ll get to the airport and will be told that it’s not possible.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nlbing
Hi all:

I’m confused about the eUps process for travel companions on the same flight but not on the same reservation.

From what I gather online and from airport agents, it’s no longer possible to request eUpgrades at the airport. However, I just tried to put in an eUp request for my travel companion on a reward ticket (same flight different ticket) and was told that this needed to be done at the airport. Is this right? I’m just worried that I’ll get to the airport and will be told that it’s not possible.
You're basically right on all counts at the moment.

If you're Super Elite, I'd suggest an email to the concierge, as it's possible they could figure something out. If you're not, or they can't, that's why you were given compensatory eUps.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
You're basically right on all counts at the moment.

If you're Super Elite, I'd suggest an email to the concierge, as it's possible they could figure something out. If you're not, or they can't, that's why you were given compensatory eUps.
Argh that’s super frustrating! I qualified for SE past the early recognition period, so unfortunately no access to concierge until the next sweep.

Thanks for the quick reply @canadiancow !
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by SweFlyer
It's now T-12 and I suddenly appeared on the top of the upgrade list in the Air Canada app so I guess there's still some hope for burning off some of my expiring eUpgrade credits.
Just to wrap up this story. Got upgraded at the gate in Brussels. I'm assuming my eUpgrade cleared but economy class was oversold so I guess some op-ups occurred as well.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I know an SE who just had a Flex to J eUp clear on YVR-YYZ on a 788 that was J5, 5 days out.

They're really getting aggressive with pre-clearing these.
D582 and Bohemian1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.