Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by MQS007
Why doesn't AC have a phone system with a call you back function?
They do (sometimes). Sadly it only seems to be available when call volumes are "normal". ie 15-20 minute wait times.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
That was a major underestimation: 1 hour 20 minutes for the call to be answered, then 10 minutes for the agent to figure out that she could not solve the issue as everything looked fine, and then after her warning me that she often has to wait up to an hour for her internal call to be answered i was another 45 minutes on hold until she came back to say that my request had now been made. However, I have no confirmation of this nor any way to confirm this electronically as I cannot access my eup file.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 4:28 pm

WL at T-14 for 2 pax J7 R0. YYZ-FLL. Cleared at just less than T-72 J5. SE but no concierge intervention. Lots of emails to confirm including a new itn. Was originally booked in comfort and new itn even shows BVRG. Lots of info!

Special Service Request EUPG - EUPGRADE - CONFIRMED
DOCS - PASSENGER/CREW PRIMARY TRAVEL DOCUMENT INFO - CONFIRMED
BVRG - FREE BEVERAGE - CONFIRMED
Old Dec 17, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
On a positive note, it does seem from various recent postings, that hold times for calling in are getting shorter. Like - a couple of hours as opposed to all day/unavailable.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 7:45 am

I still cannot access my eupgrade account or transaction history, as I still get the error message, so I have to take their word for it that the request has been made.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 7:53 am

Tried using the online complaint tool and this is the response:
We appreciate your feedback. You can rest assured that an Air Canada representative will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience as you wait to hear from us

We are currently experiencing higher volumes and some cases may take up to 3 weeks for a response. Thank you for your patience as you wait to hear from us.

This of course is not useful as my flight is in 9 days.

Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by MQS007
I still cannot access my eupgrade account or transaction history, as I still get the error message, so I have to take their word for it that the request has been made.
What I find interesting is that across the spectrum of posters here, we have different issues... some more common to a large cohort, and some unique to a small bunch.

For me, I can see all of my eUpgrade account information without issues... the full transaction history, being able to upgrade, cancel my upgrade, etc.

But I can't view any of my bookings list! It just coughs up an error on the page. I have to punch in the locator to view each individual booking.

But I think I've been lucky so far as in that is the only "major" problem I've had since the migration. *knock on wood*
Old Dec 18, 2019, 9:21 am

I can see My Bookings but not the other thing. I was also getting a "Bad Request" message on various parts of the AC Website the other day but not in the last couple of days.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
The lack of understanding on this even at the SE desk is mind boggling. Situation: T<24. B1, J4. R0, P0. So there is no way for an eUp to clear at the airport at T<24 under temporarily normal circumstances thanks to Amadeus. I have a B fare. SE desk say, P=0 so no upgrade. If that were true, nobody could ever upgrade after check-in opens. Why can they not understand to upgrade at less than T-24 all you need is credits, priority, and J positive? (In this case, there is only one person on the waitlist according to the app, so I should be able to have the SE desk push through an upgrade. Edit: unless somebody tells me that once gate upgrades are processed they actually open P or R space in order to make that happen, meaning if J12 they would move to from R0 or P0 to R12 or P12 in order for the system to automatically process the upgrade list.) Bah. Rookie agents = humbug.

Last edited by ridefar; Dec 18, 2019 at 2:14 pm
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ridefar
The lack of understanding on this even at the SE desk is mind boggling. Situation: T<24. B1, J4. R0, P0. So there is no way for an eUp to clear at the airport at T<24 under temporarily normal circumstances thanks to Amadeus. I have a B fare. SE desk say, P=0 so no upgrade. If that were true, nobody could ever upgrade after check-in opens. Why can they not understand to upgrade at less than T-24 all you need is credits, priority, and J positive? (In this case, there is only one person on the waitlist according to the app, so I should be able to have the SE desk push through an upgrade. Edit: unless somebody tells me that once gate upgrades are processed they actually open P or R space in order to make that happen, meaning if J12 they would move to from R0 or P0 to R12 or P12 in order for the system to automatically process the upgrade list.) Bah. Rookie agents = humbug.
That's not how it works.

At the GATE, you need positive space.

Before that, you need the appropriate fare class. Positive space is not sufficient 2 hours out. They still want to sell seats day of departure.
etkuo and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
That's not how it works.

At the GATE, you need positive space.

Before that, you need the appropriate fare class. Positive space is not sufficient 2 hours out. They still want to sell seats day of departure.
If that is true how does concierge do upgrade when T<24, R=0 and J>0? Because I think that is exactly what is happening under Amadeus until they get the “real” (identical to RESIII) gate upgrade figured out. I understand exactly what you are saying and I think you are right in normal circumstances. I am just complaining because until Amadeus is normalized I am not able to leverage the situation the way I think I should be able to (and others are when concierge does special eUp processing for SE only at T-24 or less). Yes I am spoiled.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:33 pm

The concierges have told me their special ability is just adding you to the list, after which it will be processed normally.

There's no issue getting an upgrade once you're on the list. There's just an issue getting on the list.

If you're within 24 hours, email the concierge, and they'll add you to the list. It will be processed at the gate.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:37 pm

The concierges have told me their special ability is just adding you to the list, after which it will be processed normally.

There's no issue getting an upgrade once you're on the list. There's just an issue getting on the list.

If you're within 24 hours, email the concierge, and they'll add you to the list. It will be processed at the gate.
Interesting. I have only had to eUp at T-24 once and concierge pushed it through immediately. Didn’t have to wait until gate. I thought that was what was going on for all SE upgrades at T-24, not what you describe. I could totally be wrong just reporting my experience.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by ridefar
Interesting. I have only had to eUp at T-24 once and concierge pushed it through immediately. Didn’t have to wait until gate. I thought that was what was going on for all SE upgrades at T-24, not what you describe. I could totally be wrong just reporting my experience.
Concierges (and most/all agents) can also rebook you from K to J 300 days before departure, but it's not how things were meant to work

I don't know what they're supposed to be doing these days, I only know what I've been told, and what I've witnessed. But I don't like a lot of what I'm reading about them doing, as it often results in the wrong people being upgraded.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:03 am

Concierges (and most/all agents) can also rebook you from K to J 300 days before departure, but it's not how things were meant to work

I don't know what they're supposed to be doing these days, I only know what I've been told, and what I've witnessed. But I don't like a lot of what I'm reading about them doing, as it often results in the wrong people being upgraded.
Totally fair observations. And I suspect you are right.

Do you know if the list in the app even accurately reflects the real upgrade list any more?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.