Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Desperate to contact aeroplan to make a change. How?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Desperate to contact aeroplan to make a change. How?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Fly55
Thanks.
What website are you referring to? Maybe a link to this drop down. Thanks.
Um, the Air Canada website.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico

Try Twitter. They might provide you a better phone number where to call.

Last edited by ticu; Nov 22, 2019 at 9:13 am Reason: Addition
Old Nov 22, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
I reached out to them yesterday via [email protected] and twitter...same person monitors and a customer service agent called me back after 2 hours after initially reaching out.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:44 pm

My dad had this issue, he has no status with aeroplan. As a black status I was able to get through no issue. Called and entered my number, then handed him the phone.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by ticu
Try Twitter. They might provide you a better phone number where to call.
It's not looking pretty on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Aeroplan/with_re...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Here's their response template:

"Sorry to hear this, $UnfortunateSoul. The Social Media team can only assist with general inquiries. For booking issues, you must call us at 1-800-361-5373 or 1-514-395-0300. Wait times are high; if you cannot get through, please try again later. We regret any inconvenience."
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:54 pm

Dunno about Aeroplan, but sometimes in these situations I like to email...

Shareholder Relations

Those people read their emails. They have resources. And every email creates a ticket that needs to be resolved in order to close it.

Just another tool in one's arsenal. And I say that I own some shares (as I probably do via my ETFs).
kalderlake likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Ok things I learned:
1) Email is not working to get through, but [email protected] did not bounce
2) Twitter no response
3) Somehow Aeroplan Elite team lady called me, but had my email details. (But as I said above all the emails bounced, except for [email protected], but she doesn't think she got the email from them.)
4) I spoke to Aeroplan Lady, a lot of inventory is not correct on the website. They are working on that.
5) Because its an international flight, if I no showed at airport it would be ok(shes said), they could/can fix this later in the week. My new flight is in Dec.
6) I still don't have new ticket booked, but will be speaking to her later today to sort out the details.

pain...
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: Air canada, Lufthansa, British airways, Hilton, Sheraton, Shangri-la
Originally Posted by Fly55
Ok things I learned:
1) Email is not working to get through, but [email protected] did not bounce
2) Twitter no response
3) Somehow Aeroplan Elite team lady called me, but had my email details. (But as I said above all the emails bounced, except for [email protected], but she doesn't think she got the email from them.)
4) I spoke to Aeroplan Lady, a lot of inventory is not correct on the website. They are working on that.
5) Because its an international flight, if I no showed at airport it would be ok(shes said), they could/can fix this later in the week. My new flight is in Dec.
6) I still don't have new ticket booked, but will be speaking to her later today to sort out the details.

pain...
BONKERS - i just called both Air Canada Reservations and Aeroplan, NEITHER are picking up. Simply "Sorry, we cannot answer your call right now"...I've never experienced such a thing...crazy!
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tecate55
Dunno about Aeroplan, but sometimes in these situations I like to email...

Shareholder Relations

Those people read their emails. They have resources. And every email creates a ticket that needs to be resolved in order to close it.

Just another tool in one's arsenal. And I say that I own some shares (as I probably do via my ETFs).
How about [email protected] based on names of top Air Canada executives ?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: Air canada, Lufthansa, British airways, Hilton, Sheraton, Shangri-la
i made it through to Air Canada reservations - so far 40 minutes and counting on hold..
Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:57 pm

Made it through after 1.5hours on hold, after giving booking ref# and requesting to make a change to an itinerary in progress, I'm supposed to be flying again in a few days so I dont have weeks to wait until the sort this out and it can't be dealt with online... the line went dead and I was disconnected. Agent did not call me back. I started trying to contact them at about 7:55AM, started again at 2:30PM and I've been trying to contact them for 3 hours hours now. Twitter is pointless.

This prioritizing should also be done based on people actually on trips, come on. Not the first time I've been disconnected with AP either, last couple of times I called my first sentence before requesting anything was "Please call me back if the line disconnects, please confirm you grabbed my number, here it is".
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:09 am
Suspended

Once again, try calling the international numbers.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by rstruthe
My dad had this issue, he has no status with aeroplan. As a black status I was able to get through no issue. Called and entered my number, then handed him the phone.
Could I have you call on my behalf?

Flying Tuesday and need to change Aeroplan award ticket from indirect to nonstop.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by opalley
Could I have you call on my behalf?

Flying Tuesday and need to change Aeroplan award ticket from indirect to nonstop.
You want to give a stranger you met on the internet complete access to your travel plans? (Assuming you get a positive response)
canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:59 am
Suspended

OP could try calling the Aeroplan priority number mentionned in this public page: https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/e...-benefits.html

Also, are there any kind and non-selfish SEs willing to initiate conference calls with Aeroplan and an FT member with an urgent need to get the member to reach a live agent using SE priority ? For privacy, SE can quit the conference call after the helped member gets connected to a live agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.