Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What happened to Globe and Mail newspapers in domestic MLL (and perhaps flights)?

What happened to Globe and Mail newspapers in domestic MLL (and perhaps flights)?

Old Dec 26, 19, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
DP: Yesterday, YYZ Dom MLL and YVR Dom MLL had leftover G&Ms from Xmas eve.
Old Dec 26, 19, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
.... YVR Dom MLL had leftover G&Ms from Xmas eve.
Fresh Boxing Day ones today.
Old Dec 28, 19, 8:24 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Only two copies of the Globe on 584 today. Wasn't able to find any in the YYC TB MLL though
Old Dec 28, 19, 8:30 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
Only two copies of the Globe on 584 today. Wasn't able to find any in the YYC TB MLL though
Any option for the NYT?
Old Dec 28, 19, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Last night in the YYC MLL (the Domestic one, not to be confused by the TB one ), there were a handful of G&Ms less than an hour to closing (probably slow MLL day).
Old Dec 29, 19, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today on 103 Weekend G&M offered.
Old Dec 31, 19, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Yesterday at around 7:30 pm at domestic YYZ MLL - maybe easily a 100!
Maybe in part due to the fact no National Posts on Mondays?

Also, again the AMEX Plaza Premium domestic lounge yesterday had G and M as well as Toronto Stars.

PS-went to EWR MLL on arrival on Sat early afternoon - went to LGA MLL on departure mid afternoon yesterday - no newspapers at all, forget about whether there are G and M there!
Old Feb 9, 20, 12:44 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
On Friday, YYC MLL had a good supply of G&M. Didn't see any in the YEG MLL, but didn't look closely. AC332 had a few.

YUL Dom today, no Globes. Only a handful of copies of Le Devoir and nothing else.
Old Feb 15, 20, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
YOW now as of Jan 1 has press reader app - no paper copies of any newspaper (but if one has the newspaper urge - one can go to the Swissport Aspire lounge now open at YOW).

Arrived at transborder MLL at 3 pm today - several National Posts - no G and M.
On AC 453 from YOW to YYZ in J class - no newspapers distributed
Old Feb 16, 20, 6:38 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII View Post
YOW now as of Jan 1 has press reader app - no paper copies of any newspaper (but if one has the newspaper urge - one can go to the Swissport Aspire lounge now open at YOW).

Arrived at transborder MLL at 3 pm today - several National Posts - no G and M.
On AC 453 from YOW to YYZ in J class - no newspapers distributed
I submitted a complaint at the YOW lounge - no newspapers at all, and no warning that there wouldn't be any. The staff there were in the dark - they didn't know if this was system-wide (all lounges , and it is not) or whether or not they would be distributing papers on aircraft.

I have eyestrain from spending too much time in front of a screen. I usually do not watch movies/TV shows on board. I like spending some time with a paper on a flight, and often bring more than one paper from the lounge with me.

What is up with the YOW lounge?
Old Feb 16, 20, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by GJS - yow View Post
I submitted a complaint at the YOW lounge - no newspapers at all, and no warning that there wouldn't be any. The staff there were in the dark - they didn't know if this was system-wide (all lounges , and it is not) or whether or not they would be distributing papers on aircraft.

I have eyestrain from spending too much time in front of a screen. I usually do not watch movies/TV shows on board. I like spending some time with a paper on a flight, and often bring more than one paper from the lounge with me.

What is up with the YOW lounge?
Old Feb 16, 20, 8:07 am

I shall also be most annoyed by this. My favourite in-flight activity is doing The Globe's cryptic crossword and the Sudoku puzzle. (the latter especially on Saturdays).
Old Feb 16, 20, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

No newspapers available to be distributed in YYZ- SEA flight yesterday.

It seems that fewer and fewer domestic and trans-border AC flights have newspapers distributed in the business class cabin?
Old Feb 18, 20, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Lot of G and M in YYZ domestic lounge yesterday around 4 pm- but of course, no National Post.
I am wondering about the supply about G and M in that lounge on other days of the week, in the late afternoon or evening?
Old Feb 18, 20, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

No newspapers distributed at all in yesterday's return SEA-YYZ flight, or connecting YYZ-YOW flight.

So all 4 flights- Ottawa- Toronto (X2) and Toronto - Seattle (x 2) - no newspapers.

Is that a new AC policy that no newspapers will be distributed in business class in domestic/transborder AC flights (mainline,express, rouge)?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: