Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What happened to Globe and Mail newspapers in domestic MLL (and perhaps flights)?

What happened to Globe and Mail newspapers in domestic MLL (and perhaps flights)?

Old Dec 6, 19, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
YYZ TB now
A few National Posts and Globe and Mails
There, my contribution to the thread for today, lol
Old Dec 6, 19, 1:33 pm

I thought newspapers were those things we rolled up and rapped on the noses of those pesky (fake) emotional support animals that ran wild in the lounges and airports and in the air... did I miss something?

Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 19, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Data point:

G&M offered on a w/b ml tc Saturday. So egu.
Old Dec 10, 19, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
DP:

This morning AC105 during J preboard newspapers, asked for G&M and advised none were loaded.

Then 10 minutes later, the FA comes to me with a G&M. She stated that being TP bird (our Lions), there were a million compartments and that they found a large stack of G&Ms. ^
Old Dec 10, 19, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Titanium; National Exec Elite
I was in the in AC Cafe at YYZ and there was an employee on a conf call discussing the strategic direction of MLL in the coming year.

Tried to eavesdrop, she did mention that all MLL would go press reader only except YUL, YYZ, YYC, YVR, CDG, FRA and another one that I missed. These lounges will retain some paper material.

There was also a part about encouraging business customers to download the press reader app and give them different access in flight or something along those lines.
Old Dec 10, 19, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kiloohm View Post
I was in the in AC Cafe at YYZ and there was an employee on a conf call discussing the strategic direction of MLL in the coming year.

Tried to eavesdrop, she did mention that all MLL would go press reader only except YUL, YYZ, YYC, YVR, CDG, FRA and another one that I missed. These lounges will retain some paper material.

There was also a part about encouraging business customers to download the press reader app and give them different access in flight or something along those lines.
Interesting that LHR wasn't mentioned. Back in the T3 joint SK/AC London Lounge days, they had papers for what seemed like every major newspaper from around the world in stock.
Old Dec 11, 19, 5:21 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Titanium; National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Interesting that LHR wasn't mentioned. Back in the T3 joint SK/AC London Lounge days, they had papers for what seemed like every major newspaper from around the world in stock.
The "missing" one was probably LHR yes. Remember I was evesdroping while catching a quick bite and I know there was 3 international MLL mentioned.
Old Dec 11, 19, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Data point:

Yesterday on AC277 G&M was offered.
Old Dec 11, 19, 11:19 am

Programs: TK *G
Two copies in YUL Dom. I grabbed one, so down to one now.
Old Dec 11, 19, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Data point:

Yesterday on AC226 G&M was offered.
Old Dec 13, 19, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Data point:

a few G&M left here in the YWG MLL
Old Dec 14, 19, 1:15 pm

Programs: AC E50K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Data point. Lots of Globe and Mail, National Post and Calgary Herald in the YYC lounge as of 1 pm today
Old Dec 14, 19, 2:55 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Nov 13th AC306 - No
Nov 14th AC1600 - No
Nov 14th AC1623 - No
Old Dec 14, 19, 3:18 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
For me it's no loss, I get all the news on my phone apps...too much newsprint paper anyway that has to be disposed of....
Old Dec 17, 19, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA Gold, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Disc, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Last Friday there were a whole stack of Globe and Mails at the YUL Domestic MLL at 5:30 PM. Nice to see in fact.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: