Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What happened to Globe and Mail newspapers in domestic MLL (and perhaps flights)?

What happened to Globe and Mail newspapers in domestic MLL (and perhaps flights)?

Old Nov 16, 19, 5:15 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Plat/Lifetime Gold, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat
yyznomad and I both received Globes this morning on AC301. 1A and 2A. She appeared to have way more national posts in her hand than Globes.
Old Nov 16, 19, 6:39 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by Nitehawk View Post
yyznomad and I both received Globes this morning on AC301. 1A and 2A. She appeared to have way more national posts in her hand than Globes.
The Saturday edition of G&M is much thicker than weekdays’, probably costs more too. AC trying to save a few cents?
Old Nov 16, 19, 9:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy PE/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by songsc View Post
The Saturday edition of G&M is much thicker than weekdays’, probably costs more too. AC trying to save a few cents?
Changing habits. Walked from front to back on a full 787-9 yesterday with the limited stack of newspapers (both aisles) and couldn't deplete the supply.

Guessing that e-Journals a la LX/OS/LH are in the works.
Old Nov 16, 19, 11:34 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD View Post
Changing habits. Walked from front to back on a full 787-9 yesterday with the limited stack of newspapers (both aisles) and couldn't deplete the supply.

Guessing that e-Journals a la LX/OS/LH are in the works.
I'm one of those dinosaurs who prefers paper papers and paper books. Although it depends on the time of the day. I'll take a copy of the G&M up to afternoon but its usually irrelevant by evening. I also don't take the day old ones on the return legs of Int'l flights.
Old Nov 16, 19, 2:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy PE/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by karachi View Post
I'm one of those dinosaurs who prefers paper papers and paper books. Although it depends on the time of the day. I'll take a copy of the G&M up to afternoon but its usually irrelevant by evening. I also don't take the day old ones on the return legs of Int'l flights.
Ditto. I've received 3 E-readers as gifts and they remain boxed. Give me good old paper. Book, newspaper, crosswords....
karachi likes this.
Old Nov 16, 19, 7:49 pm

No G&M in the YVR domestic lounge today.
Lot's of Vancouver Sun and not many National Post.
Old Nov 16, 19, 7:52 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MP, Priority Pass, AMEX MR, NEXUS, H-Honors Silver, M-Bonvoy
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD View Post
Ditto. I've received 3 E-readers as gifts and they remain boxed. Give me good old paper. Book, newspaper, crosswords....
Same here, I hate how everything is becoming all digital.

I always preferred hard copies of books, magazines, etc. Heck I still feel the need to always get printed BPs in case my battery dies (or for my BP collection )

Interesting though about the G&M missing from some MLLs, I have never had trouble getting a copy for the most part.
Old Nov 16, 19, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by tracon View Post
No G&M in the YVR domestic lounge today.
Lot's of Vancouver Sun and not many National Post.

Yep as of 9:50am today this was the case.
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Nov 16, 19, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MP, Priority Pass, AMEX MR, NEXUS, H-Honors Silver, M-Bonvoy
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Yep as of 9:50am today this was the case.
Either AC stopped ordering as many or the G&M has surged in popularity amongst AC FFs lol
Old Nov 16, 19, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by codfather View Post
Either AC stopped ordering as many or the G&M has surged in popularity amongst AC FFs lol

Maybe be both? But definitely they are still offered in MLLs and on board. Even at the gate depending on station and gate.
Old Nov 16, 19, 8:00 pm

Maybe be both? But definitely they are still offered in MLLs and on board. Even at the gate depending on station and gate.
Perhaps! Time will tell whether or not this is actually becoming an issue.
Old Nov 17, 19, 3:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Another data point: no Globes in the YYZ international MLL during a recent visit. They had the Post and a few international papers (not many). Magazine selection, as usual, terrible. Went to SSL and saw Globes on a shelf in the bag checking area. My strong recollection is that AC stated there would be no newspapers in the SSL but PressReader available. The staff gladly gave me the Globe. They also smiled.

On the flight there was a paltry selection of newspapers during boarding on the counter where the snack basket usually sits. No one came around to offer papers. They disappeared for take-off and did not return. Lots of Kit Kats, though, in the snack baskets which eventually appeared.
Old Nov 17, 19, 2:42 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), NEXUS
One of the cafe dragons told me that the MLLs are slowly phasing out paper copies of newspapers and magazines in favour of digital access. He said it will be gradual and over the next year or so.
Old Nov 17, 19, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marke190 View Post
One of the cafe dragons told me that the MLLs are slowly phasing out paper copies of newspapers and magazines in favour of digital access. He said it will be gradual and over the next year or so.
That's great to hear. I'll ask other agents shortly the same question.

So I wonder when they'll have PressReader implemented in all the MLLs.
And what about in-flight?
Old Nov 17, 19, 5:22 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), NEXUS
That's great to hear. I'll ask other agents shortly the same question.

So I wonder when they'll have PressReader implemented in all the MLLs.
And what about in-flight?
It'd be really nice if they could integrate pressreader with the onboard wifi so that it could be accessed for free inflight (for those with MLL access).
24left and bigev007 like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: