Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Any tips for booking Aeroplan multiple open-jaw flights?

Question: Any tips for booking Aeroplan multiple open-jaw flights?

Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Any tips for booking Aeroplan multiple open-jaw flights?

My partner and I have a west coast trip planned for next June. I tried inputting the following segments into the Aeroplan multi-city page, and got the expected no-go result (I had to try).

YYZ-YEG
YYC-YVR
SEA-YYZ

Is it possible to book these as separate one-way trips? Or is it better to just call in?

Also, any tips for getting flight times not listed on Aeroplan? The YYZ-YEG segment only had one flight in the afternoon, and I know there are early morning flights out of YYZ.

TIA.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
This is not bookable as one ticket. Aeroplan does not allow two open jaws on a return ticket. Calling in won’t help. You can open jaw from YVR to SEA but then you cannot stop in Alberta.

If you want more flight availability you will need to use priority rewards.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 172pilot
This is not bookable as one ticket. Aeroplan does not allow two open jaws on a return ticket. Calling in won’t help. You can open jaw from YVR to SEA but then you cannot stop in Alberta.

If you want more flight availability you will need to use priority rewards.

The Aeroplan site has a "traffic jam", so I'm not able to check right now.

So, I could do YYZ-YYC then YVR-YYZ as one booking, then book YYC-YVR as a separate booking?

Is priority rewards the same as flight rewards? I'm currently at Aeroplan Black.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by Bokehman
The Aeroplan site has a "traffic jam", so I'm not able to check right now.

So, I could do YYZ-YYC then YVR-YYZ as one booking, then book YYC-YVR as a separate booking?

Is priority rewards the same as flight rewards? I'm currently at Aeroplan Black.
YYZ-YYC then YYC-YVR then YVR-YYZ can be booked as a roundtrip with a stop in YYC, no need to book as two separate tickets.
canadiancow and YEGcg like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.