Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Super Elite 100K: The Best Top-Tier Airline Elite Status (Nov 9 2019)

Air Canada Super Elite 100K: The Best Top-Tier Airline Elite Status (Nov 9 2019)

Old Nov 9, 19, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Just saw this on OMAAT. Some here know the writer of the column.

Also worth looking at the comments below the column as you'll recognize one name, or two.

https://onemileatatime.com/air-canada-super-elite-100k/

Mods - feel free to move/merge to another thread.
pilot007, Bohemian1 and YYC3722 like this.
Old Nov 9, 19, 7:49 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Agreed .. as much as we like whining, its pretty good.
same feeling I get when I travel into central/south America, Africa, and most of Asia, and come back to hear Canadians complaining about we live in a 3rd world now". no you don't.
pilot007 and run&fly like this.
Old Nov 9, 19, 8:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .85MM, Marriott Gold, Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Thanks @24left ! I was not aware of the change to the Aeroplan cancellation/change fee. Another reason to keep SE for another year!
Old Nov 9, 19, 10:03 pm

After reading that omaat post, if half those benifits are true. SE is 200% better than 1k and probably better than GS. I mean GS canít even get into the horrible united clubs on domestic flights.
Old Nov 9, 19, 10:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
Great summary by Kate!

3 years ago on a YYC-FRA flight, a taxi ride to the airport during the afternoon rush hour from my downtown home began 90 min prior to the flight, only became to realize that I forgot my passport and travel kit. While the taxi driver was doing his best taking my back to the downtown, I was on the phone with the AC concierge desk and also with the concierge staffs at the YYC airport. By the time I was back to the airport, it was 30 min before the departure and a concierge lady (don’t have to spell out her name) was waiting me with the printed boarding pass and a luggage tag. She took me to the security and got through it quickly. I was on my seat 5 min before the departure time, heat still pounding hard.

AC concierge services can make magic sometimes!
pilot007 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 19, 10:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National
Hearing what my US colleagues get (or rather, don't get) flying at the same level I do, I can't describe the night and day difference. I don't know how many Thursday night on the phone for 20 minutes trying to find a room (let alone rebooking my flight) that I'd have to not travel any more, but its a number far less than the number of times I've seen a black suit on the jetbridge holding my name.

And my heavy consumption of carrots and beat sticks over everyone else at $JOB is beyond amusing to me. (of course, 0 people I know fly UA US Domestic intentionally)
Old Nov 9, 19, 11:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, UA Silver, SPG Plat/Lifetime Gold, Marriot Plat, Fairmont Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
If I fly UA, it's paid P or higher. Status doesn't make a huge difference aside from meal order. Flying Y on any airline is no fun, unless we're talking about a beachcraft or similar.

SE is pretty good, but I did get into a disagreement with the central concierge office just last night. After some pushback they did what I wanted.

The last time I was met at the door by a Concierge it was a nice gesture, but not helpful or valuable (already misconnected). Still lost my signature service transcon and was rebooked onto a narrowbody.
Old Nov 10, 19, 12:00 am

Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist
Huge concierge presence at hubs. HMM...

At YYC only ONE concierge today. Advised us by email they would meet 9 stranded Super Elites at gate at 5pm. Did not do so, and until 8pm office closed. concierge tied up helping Intl passengers in a lounge completely inaccessible to domestic or TB pax.

Instead took 5 hours to do what onsite concierge generally could have done in 20% of the time.
Old Nov 10, 19, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC E75K 2MM former 14-year SE; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller View Post
Thanks @24left ! I was not aware of the change to the Aeroplan cancellation/change fee. Another reason to keep SE for another year!
Yhztraveller
fyi it's in the wiki of the following thread: Air Canada to Launch Its Own Loyalty Program in 2020
Old Nov 10, 19, 2:02 am

The Concierge overview is a joke. Today, most of them are unexperienced, you can't reach them, you get to a call centre where yuo wait on hold, and by the time they call you, your urgent need has long gone, and you've probably lost out on the opportunity you were trying to chase.

AC has pretty much destroyed the value.
expert7700 and skybluesea like this.
Old Nov 10, 19, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC E75K 2MM former 14-year SE; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy View Post
The Concierge overview is a joke. Today, most of them are unexperienced, you can't reach them, you get to a call centre where yuo wait on hold, and by the time they call you, your urgent need has long gone, and you've probably lost out on the opportunity you were trying to chase.

AC has pretty much destroyed the value.
UA is better. Always will be. Sugoi.
Old Nov 10, 19, 2:33 am

Do AC Elites get complimentary upgrades to premium economy/business (without using eupgrades)? I know that airlines in the States have a priority upgrade system based on status that determines whether a free upgrade will be cleared or not.
Old Nov 10, 19, 3:59 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by c224488 View Post
Do AC Elites get complimentary upgrades to premium economy/business (without using eupgrades)? I know that airlines in the States have a priority upgrade system based on status that determines whether a free upgrade will be cleared or not.
No, AC has made it clear that they only want people who have paid to sit in J (cash, upgrade instruments , etc)
Old Nov 10, 19, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by c224488 View Post
No, as it was famously stated by an AC representative in this forum, those kind of freeloading SEs would "cheapen" the luxurious J cabin.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Nov 10, 19, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Silly hyperbole title, and only true if your travel starts or ends in Canada.
skybluesea, leoo and CZAMFlyer like this.

Search this Thread