Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How early you should check-in at Pearson (YYZ) for an Air Canada morning flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How early you should check-in at Pearson (YYZ) for an Air Canada morning flight?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico

Thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
What day, what route, do you have status, do you have checked bags, do any of your travelling party require assistance?
IluvSQ likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Earliest I ever checked in at YYZ was at 04:00 for an AC Rouge flight departing at 06:30. Way too early.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: air miles
Early enough to make your flight.

Air Canada recommends 2 hrs for international and USA bound flights (3 hrs for flights prior to 10 am) and 1.5 hrs for domestic flights
Old Nov 6, 2019, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
What day, what route, do you have status, do you have checked bags, do any of your travelling party require assistance?
The flight departs Sunday at 7:40 am to PVR from T1 E gates at YYZ..
2 Pax, no status.(just silver for 1 passenger only)
No bags to check no assistance needed.
Hopefully will be able to check in online Saturday.
Thanks.

Last edited by ticu; Nov 6, 2019 at 9:23 am Reason: Typo
Old Nov 6, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
You should check-in 24 hours before, online.

Boarding is going to be around 7.

Personally, I'd not bother getting to inside the airport before 0630.

I'd recommend to others who's airporting ability I don't know, to get there around 6.

If you are driving, you have to factor in possible traffic, and then parking. That, I got nothing.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
You've got the LHR / HKG crowd starting to trickle in around 07:00 and a bunch of Rouge flights around 08:00. I would expect 20 mins for CATSA at the E-Gates and then consider the walk to the Hammerhead. No status and a 07:40 departure, I would suggest 06:30am arrival time at CYYZ.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
I would suggest 06:30am arrival time at CYYZ.
CYYZ, meaning in the airport building before security?
Thanks

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Nov 6, 2019 at 2:45 pm Reason: Fixed broken quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: VIPorter, Bonvoy
I've been hearing more and more cases of PAX going to secondary when trying to clear US Customs. Somebody I know missed their flight to the US yesterday being held up in all that. Had to be re-booked on an evening flight. Not saying that will happen, just something to keep in mind.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: TK *G
For my 7am domestic flights, I usually get to airport around 4:30 to 5, spend 15min walking upstairs from the bus stop to the departure level, check bags, clear security, and walk into MLLs. I then usually have about 1 hour in the lounge before they start boarding.

For international flights I usually do AC15 at 10am. I usually leave my place at 6am, get to the airport at 6:45, in MLL by 7, and I have 2 hours before boarding.

For me 15 min is usually enough to walk from bus stop to the gate, but I would definitely not want to leave myself only 15 min.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I would rather sleep than hang around in a rubbish lounge for an hour or two. I'd arrive no earlier than 600, probably 615.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by INLI INWY
I've been hearing more and more cases of PAX going to secondary when trying to clear US Customs. Somebody I know missed their flight to the US yesterday being held up in all that. Had to be re-booked on an evening flight. Not saying that will happen, just something to keep in mind.
PVR is not in the USA so the idea of US Customs clearance on a flight to Mexico is not a huge risk.
gcashin, YEGcg and pmarrsouth like this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ticu
I would suggest 06:30am arrival time at CYYZ.
CYYZ, meaning in the airport building before security?
Thanks
Correct....arrive at the terminal 06:30, checked-in by 06:40, through security by 07:00, at the gate by 07:10 and still have 30 mins before departure (likely Zone 3 will be boarding at that time)

Originally Posted by songsc
For my 7am domestic flights, I usually get to airport around 4:30 to 5, spend 15min walking upstairs from the bus stop to the departure level, check bags, clear security, and walk into MLLs. I then usually have about 1 hour in the lounge before they start boarding.

For international flights I usually do AC15 at 10am. I usually leave my place at 6am, get to the airport at 6:45, in MLL by 7, and I have 2 hours before boarding.

For me 15 min is usually enough to walk from bus stop to the gate, but I would definitely not want to leave myself only 15 min.
Don't know where you come in from but my routine for AC15 is leaving home at 07:30 for the ~hr long drive to CYYZ, in the SSL around 08:50, eat breakfast and head downstairs at 09:30 usually in time to hear my name being called for final call.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by INLI INWY
If you are trying to go to o US pre-clearance on the way to Mexico, you deserve the unscheduled digital colonoscopy.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
Correct....arrive at the terminal 06:30, checked-in by 06:40, through security by 07:00, at the gate by 07:10 and still have 30 mins before departure (likely Zone 3 will be boarding at that time)

Don't know where you come in from but my routine for AC15 is leaving home at 07:30 for the ~hr long drive to CYYZ, in the SSL around 08:50, eat breakfast and head downstairs at 09:30 usually in time to hear my name being called for final call.
I hope you change your routine.... I'm on AC015 in just under 2 weeks and the departure time is 0935.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.