Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Default 50K Select Privileges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Default 50K Select Privileges?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2019, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K
Default 50K Select Privileges?

I just realized that I didn't select my 2019 Select Privileges - l decided to wait to make my selection as I knew I would qualify at 75K this year but wanted to see if it was worth selecting the lower requalification if I was within striking distance of 100k. I did try to make my selection a few weeks ago and had technical issues - and it appears they didn't take - and I didn't check or try again (my bad) before the Oct 31 deadline. I spoke with AC - they tell me the system will allocate "default" privileges, but they are unable to tell me what choices the system has allocated to me - and the site isn't showing what they provided. Really wanted to the lower requalification level as a benefit - as I'm on track for 96K this year.

If anyone can help, I would be grateful and would like to know if I need to become more creative in my routings to find the 4K (which I need to book in the next day or two).

Thanks all!
Old Nov 4, 2019, 9:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
When logged in, they should appear on https://altitude.aircanada.com/mystatus/my-privileges
Old Nov 4, 2019, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K
Thanks - they don't show (nothing appears below the two "from selection bundle 1/2" heading). The agent I just spoke with told me that if a member doesn't manually make a selection, all selection benefits are forfeited - which seems draconian to me (and inconsistent with what I was previously told). I also seem to recall some language suggesting that default benefits would be given. Not sure what if anything I can do now.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I can't find that language either. The benefit guide says

Members must choose select privileges by October 31, 2019.
Benefit selection will no longer be available beyond this date.
I'd push back, via Twitter, that you did select, and there was a technical issue.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I had to engage with them on social media to get the selections made. Both for E50K and early E75K. I saw the same no-selection screen. I saw list of choices, but no ballot. Yet when Mr. FQ got his gifted E35K, he was able to select. Who knows?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
This is the text from the "About Altitude" section:

-------
Sometimes you arrive sooner than expected.

When you reach a higher 2019 Altitude status prior to October 31, 2019*, you will be invited to choose your Select Privileges** and will enjoy that status immediately for the rest of the benefit year. Early Recognition is offered for all tiers including Prestige 25K

*Please note that in order to be eligible for Early Recognition, your Altitude qualifying activity must be credited to your account in advance of October 31. Additionally, please keep in mind that flight activity will take a few days to be credited to your account.

**Note that if the Select Privileges for the lower Altitude status have not yet been selected, they will be chosen on the member's behalf prior to the awarding of the higher Altitude status. No changes will be permitted once defaulted. Members will have until October 31, 2019, to choose the Select Privileges for their new Altitude status.

______

Maybe the red ones are the default ones? But which of bundle 2 is the default
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by yyckerr; Nov 5, 2019 at 4:25 am Reason: Image size
Old Nov 7, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Mrs. Tax Dude just got E50K on Nov 5th as a result of hitting 1MM earlier in October. She can't select her privileges since it's past Oct 31, but she can't look at them either. Interestingly, the message says she needs to select them by "December 30, 2020". Clicking on the "Choose" button or the "My Privileges" button just keeps looping around to the Dashboard. She did receive 20 eUpgrade credits with an expiry of Feb 28, 2021 for "Air Canada Altitude 2020" and, it looks like, 40 credits for hitting 1MM as "Flight pass and promotions 2020".
Old Nov 7, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I had the same bug trying to select privileges. Clicking does not bring up the ballot to select privileges. I had to contact them via social media and they did it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.