Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 28, 19, 7:59 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: codfather
Wiki Link

Print Wikipost

Old Nov 14, 19, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .875MM, Marriott Gold, Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by codfather View Post
Beta isn't needed anymore! See above posts.
Tks, I am slow on the uptake at times....
codfather likes this.
Old Nov 14, 19, 5:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
New app won't pull my Aeroplan booking. The old one does no problem.
Old Nov 14, 19, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope View Post
New app won't pull my Aeroplan booking. The old one does no problem.
Automatically? (the old one did not)
Or with booking reference? (I've had no issue with the new one)
Old Nov 14, 19, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Booking reference.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 14, 19, 5:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .875MM, Marriott Gold, Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope View Post
Booking reference.
just pulled an AP reservation for my son, no problem.

Is there any way to label the trips??
Old Nov 14, 19, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Evidently AC was using their B team to develop this app:

Old Nov 14, 19, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by j2simpso View Post
I probably should not have upgraded in the middle of a run.... Had to go kill a few trees to get some paper boarding passes.
Old Nov 14, 19, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by j2simpso View Post
Gee and I wonder why we don't get more participation from AC employees on FT.
Old Nov 14, 19, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But in response to that specific issue:

If you sign in with Aeroplan, all your bookings will show up, so I actually agree with their decision not to include migration logic. It would be run at most once, would only impact people who have Aeroplan bookings or bookings for other people, and would just be a waste of time when they could instead be working on useful features. Of my ~30 active future bookings, I think only 2 were not pulled down by my Aeroplan number. I can live with that.

Sure, doing it in the middle of an EYW run when you have all your electronic BPs in the app could be a pain. But other than that, it seems fine.
douglasr likes this.
Old Nov 15, 19, 9:31 am

Programs: AC E50K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Enough positive feedback here to give me reason to update. Two findings so far, one negative and one positive. On my iPhone SE, the login screen doesn't properly centre, making entering my Aeroplan number very difficult. On the positive side, it looks like the app developers have properly designed the app for an iPad.

Based on my brief exploration of the functionality there are a number of features gone missing, there doesn't seem to be a Setting for syncing to my Calendar. Hopefully when this feature comes back I'll be able to control which iOS calendar. Upon login the app did download my existing bookings, but there seems to be a lack of information available for each booking, such as seat number. Am I missing something?
Old Nov 15, 19, 10:11 am

Programs: CX MPC GO, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by YYC traveler View Post
Enough positive feedback here to give me reason to update. Two findings so far, one negative and one positive. On my iPhone SE, the login screen doesn't properly centre, making entering my Aeroplan number very difficult. On the positive side, it looks like the app developers have properly designed the app for an iPad.

Based on my brief exploration of the functionality there are a number of features gone missing, there doesn't seem to be a Setting for syncing to my Calendar. Hopefully when this feature comes back I'll be able to control which iOS calendar. Upon login the app did download my existing bookings, but there seems to be a lack of information available for each booking, such as seat number. Am I missing something?
I use the sync to calendar function extensively and I also hope that it will come back in a future update, fingers crossed...
Old Nov 15, 19, 10:28 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
The other thing I have noticed that isn't done well/right/at all is integrating you KTN and passport information into the check in process. The new app doesn't seem to want to pull this from either your profile or the booking, so you have to enter it in again during check-in (or end up without pre-check).
Old Nov 15, 19, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ridefar View Post
The other thing I have noticed that isn't done well/right/at all is integrating you KTN and passport information into the check in process. The new app doesn't seem to want to pull this from either your profile or the booking, so you have to enter it in again during check-in (or end up without pre-check).
It's been filling all my information since being able to sign in with Aeroplan.

It's always using my passport though, when I'd rather it use NEXUS. And it's only filling my information, not my travel companion, even though I have all his data saved as a passenger in my profile.
Old Nov 15, 19, 10:49 am

Programs: AC: E50K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
I am really underwhelmed. No information specific to your reservation available (Bistro or BRVG vouchers, fare class), and the total lack of seat info and ability to change it is unbelievable. What a hunk of garbage.
Old Nov 15, 19, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VoodooYYC View Post
I am really underwhelmed. No information specific to your reservation available (Bistro or BRVG vouchers, fare class), and the total lack of seat info and ability to change it is unbelievable. What a hunk of garbage.
Have you considered that this may have been built with the Amadeus migration in mind?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: