Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 9, 20, 6:17 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: codfather
Wiki Link

Print Wikipost

Old Apr 17, 20, 1:45 pm

I cancelled an Aeroplan rewards trip (via the website) on March 31st. The app (iOS 5.3.0) didn’t update until about 10 days later.
Old Apr 17, 20, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Gold
Did it actually cancel, or did it get put in the 10 day processing queue?
Old Apr 18, 20, 7:28 am

Hmm. Not sure. I received confirmation emails from Aeroplan almost immediately. The app didn’t change at all from what I could see. It also continued to show my old reservation # (before the Amadeus update), so it displayed two separate trips.

Anyhow, the app now shows zero trips.
Old Apr 27, 20, 8:31 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, HH Silver
I just did a restart on my phone (Android) and the AC app has been removed; Aeroplan app remains.

Anyone else experience this?
Old Apr 27, 20, 8:45 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ View Post
I just did a restart on my phone (Android) and the AC app has been removed; Aeroplan app remains.

Anyone else experience this?
I think it is just you. I just checked for updates and there were none for AC.

Aeroplan app received an update but nothing on AC.
Old May 10, 20, 8:46 am

Programs: AC E50K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Hey AC IT, what version is it? Also, how does one determine that the app is only suitable for age 4+? Are there any 4 year old super elites?

Am I version 5.5 or 5.4.1?
Old May 12, 20, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

5.5 has a new feature:

• Schedule changes: We've made it easier to identify and review pending schedule changes to your upcoming flights.
Old May 13, 20, 1:44 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), NEXUS
Has anyone else noticed that, as of recently, the aircraft type doesn't show when viewing upcoming trips in the app? Not a huge thing but what's the harm in including it? I find that sometimes noticing an aircraft change is the difference between having a good seat and a lousy seat.
Old May 13, 20, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marke190 View Post
Has anyone else noticed that, as of recently, the aircraft type doesn't show when viewing upcoming trips in the app? Not a huge thing but what's the harm in including it? I find that sometimes noticing an aircraft change is the difference between having a good seat and a lousy seat.
Seems like the API is only sending it down occasionally. I just checked a bunch of PNRs. The FP PNR has the type, but the Aeroplan PNRs do not. I don't have any others to test with.
Old May 13, 20, 4:06 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Seems like the API is only sending it down occasionally. I just checked a bunch of PNRs. The FP PNR has the type, but the Aeroplan PNRs do not. I don't have any others to test with.
My data points are all Aeroplan PNRs. If the FP PNRs are showing the type I'd expect the same for normal bookings but it's never certain with AC IT.
Old May 15, 20, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by marke190 View Post
My data points are all Aeroplan PNRs. If the FP PNRs are showing the type I'd expect the same for normal bookings but it's never certain with AC IT.
All my AC revenue flights (non FP) show aircraft type. My Aeroplan flights don't.
canadiancow and marke190 like this.
Old May 15, 20, 7:51 pm

My two Aeroplan trips show the aircraft for the Rouge segments but not the mainline segments.
Old May 15, 20, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ride red View Post
My two Aeroplan trips show the aircraft for the Rouge segments but not the mainline segments.
I find they're also showing for Express.

I'm not seeing the cabin listed for Aeroplan bookings either.

I wish it would show the fare class in addition to just the cabin though.

I also wish it would show more information about the passengers (like FF numbers), and let you update those.

Last edited by canadiancow; May 15, 20 at 8:22 pm
Old May 16, 20, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It doesn't show aircraft type for non-AC flights either. I have a PNR with a bunch of AC and some LH, and the AC shows up fine, but not the LH.
Old May 16, 20, 6:19 am

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
It doesn't show aircraft type for non-AC flights either. I have a PNR with a bunch of AC and some LH, and the AC shows up fine, but not the LH.
What aircraft type(s) on the LH segment(s)? I have an Aeroplan booking that has SQ and BR. The SQ flight is on a 359, and the type isn't listed. There are two BR segments, one on a 333 and the other on an 77W. Both of those are shown. If I were guessing based on that data alone, it displays the type for OAL if it's a type that's operated by AC (and therefore perhaps listed in whatever database the app pulls the name from?), but that's a guess.
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; May 20, 20 at 7:43 pm Reason: Corrected typo

Search this Thread
Search Engine: