Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: codfather

Print Wikipost

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 6:01 am

Oh no. The app now keeps crashing every time I click on a reservation. Will try a reboot, but if that doesn't fix it, then the app will be completely unusable until a fix is released.

Edit: Rebooted and no change. The app is unusable until a new version is released.

Last edited by musicmtl; Feb 14, 2020 at 6:06 am
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by musicmtl
Oh no. The app now keeps crashing every time I click on a reservation. Will try a reboot, but if that doesn't fix it, then the app will be completely unusable until a fix is released.

Edit: Rebooted and no change. The app is unusable until a new version is released.
Clear the app data/cache
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
Clear the app data/cache
Didn't do that, but all of a sudden the app is working fine. Probably something in the back end that was sending some improperly formatted data, or something along those lines.
G23 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 5:48 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K
I hate this app.

That is all.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:54 pm

Just updated to iOS 5.2.0 today. I see absolutely no improvements on this update compared to the previous update. The app still sucks, lacks the same features as before, still requires multiple steps to do what used to take one step. So...still pretty well the worst app I've ever cone across.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Nexus
Originally Posted by Genetk44
Just updated to iOS 5.2.0 today. I see absolutely no improvements on this update compared to the previous update. The app still sucks, lacks the same features as before, still requires multiple steps to do what used to take one step. So...still pretty well the worst app I've ever cone across.
You must use very few apps. Chill
RangerNS likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by FifthBiz
You must use very few apps. Chill
You're right, I choose not to live on my computer...and it's still the most useless app I've come across in 20 years. As for chilling...not to worry, I've been spending the past 4 months on a tropical beach enjoying myself.🤣
Old Feb 22, 2020, 6:52 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
I’m enjoying getting notifications from the app for flights today that I rebooked weeks ago and am no longer flying.
D582, capedreamer and canadiancow like this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 8:30 am

Programs: AC Elite
My trips-flight changes

Can anyone tell me when your flight changes how you figure out which version in my trips is the most recent? Is it the itinerary with no number, #1 or #2 ? Would be nice if there was a date of change or something to advise which one is valid.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 8:36 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by braysu
Can anyone tell me when your flight changes how you figure out which version in my trips is the most recent? Is it the itinerary with no number, #1 or #2 ? Would be nice if there was a date of change or something to advise which one is valid.
The highest number is the one that's most recent and therefore "valid". If it makes you feel better, I have one that has 3

​​​This is a case where it may be easier to look at the booking on the website, where they make it fairly clear what has changed.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 10:16 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Just tried checking in with the app for the first time. I think I’m checked in but no BP delivered by the app. Tried on my laptop and got the email with the link to the BP. It appears, but when I click “Add” it takes me to a blank screen.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 10:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Sopwith
Just tried checking in with the app for the first time. I think I’m checked in but no BP delivered by the app. Tried on my laptop and got the email with the link to the BP. It appears, but when I click “Add” it takes me to a blank screen.
@Sopwith
In the app, did you try and click the More tab at the bottom and then Boarding Passes?

As for the "email with the link to the BP. It appears, but when I click “Add” it takes me to a blank screen", I get that often and it sometimes takes 2 or 3 tries of clicking the link from the email to get it to load into wallet. Sometimes it works on the first try. It's really a mystery.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:54 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by 24left
@Sopwith
In the app, did you try and click the More tab at the bottom and then Boarding Passes?

As for the "email with the link to the BP. It appears, but when I click “Add” it takes me to a blank screen", I get that often and it sometimes takes 2 or 3 tries of clicking the link from the email to get it to load into wallet. Sometimes it works on the first try. It's really a mystery.
I tried More and Boarding Passes at the time and got the same error message. Just tried it again, and magically it worked.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
@Sopwith

Originally Posted by Sopwith
I tried More and Boarding Passes at the time and got the same error message. Just tried it again, and magically it worked.
Well, AC app may be struggling, but magic still works. It's our only hope!

Dr. PITUK
24left likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:09 am

Android version 5.2.1

Resolved an issue which prevented v5.2 from launching for some customers when updating from an earlier version of the app.

• We've introduced 3 new cards to the 'Overview' tab of each booking in 'Trips': Check-in, flight status, and seats.
• Seat assignment, meal, and flight status information incorporated into each flight's details in Trips.
• Easy access to your boarding pass from every tab of the app.
• Fixes to a number of bugs to improve the stability and performance of the app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.