Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: codfather

Print Wikipost

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2020, 1:48 pm

Sorry...I still say the new app is a step backwards in usability, functionality compared to the old app. Its cumbersome, requires more multiple steps to accomplish the same thing as the old app...if that actual function even exists on the new app, which most seem not to.
Sopwith likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Genetk44
Sorry...I still say the new app is a step backwards in usability, functionality compared to the old app. Its cumbersome, requires more multiple steps to accomplish the same thing as the old app...if that actual function even exists on the new app, which most seem not to.
Same as happened to aircanada.com over the last 20 years or so. Ever more unnecessary steps and less functonality.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 5:01 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by lcohen999
This was an interesting little data point. Was flying home via ORD last night. AC had an earlier flight than mine and I was able to get UA to rebook me and push the ticket over to AC.

Once that was done, refreshing my flights under the new app the flight came up instantly.
This has been the case pretty much since they introduced the new app. Changes flow through almost instantly. When I'm on the phone with AC, I can sometimes monitor their progress just by constantly getting updates from the app as they make each change.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:18 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The near-instant updates to the app also happened this morning when I selected seats via the LH and LX websites, respectively, for two PNRs that I booked through Aeroplan but don't have any AC segments on them.

Not that the app can show you what has changed, in that case, since it doesn't have seat numbers, but the app knows that something has changed!
Old Feb 13, 2020, 4:33 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
New app update on iPhone - I can now see my selected seats, and it is now easier to select seats! Still just opens a webpage to select seats though, instead of doing it natively in the app.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 4:59 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
New app update on iPhone - I can now see my selected seats, and it is now easier to select seats! Still just opens a webpage to select seats though, instead of doing it natively in the app.
yeah that sucks it seems they are just switching to being a web app for everything
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Aselwyn
yeah that sucks it seems they are just switching to being a web app for everything
No, it seems like they're responding to feedback in the quickest way they can.
Jebby_ca and Adam Smith like this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow
No, it seems like they're responding to feedback in the quickest way they can.
Agreed. I'd rather have the app open a webpage that not have it natively in the app for the duration of the development stint.
canadiancow and Adam Smith like this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:44 am

Sadly, it doesn't appear that the Android app has been updated with this new functionality yet.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 5:00 pm

Programs: AC SE
The App, as sad as it was, was showing all my bookings and allowing me to check in etc. Over the past 2 weeks, Ive not been able to see any of my bookings (but can see them on aircanada.com). Anyone having this issue? If I try to add them to the app it gives an error.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by pstaples
The App, as sad as it was, was showing all my bookings and allowing me to check in etc. Over the past 2 weeks, Ive not been able to see any of my bookings (but can see them on aircanada.com). Anyone having this issue? If I try to add them to the app it gives an error.
I think that's a common issue, just not being experienced (or at least reported) by many FTers.

Do they show up on the website?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:29 pm

Seat information is definitely nice to see.

The meal information, while basic, is also useful. However, it's not showing up for any of my flights booked in I class. This one is in R.

Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:38 pm

Seat information is definitely nice to see.

The meal information, while basic, is also useful. However, it's not showing up for any of my flights booked in I class. This one is in R.
What version of the app is this? Google Play is still telling me that 5.1.7 is the most up to date and it doesn't have that. Or have you gone over to the dark side and gotten an iPhone?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:42 pm

5.2.0. It's a staged rollout, so not everyone gets access at once.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 5:57 am

5.2.0. It's a staged rollout, so not everyone gets access at once.
Nice. Downloading now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.