Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 16, 20, 6:34 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: codfather
Wiki Link

Print Wikipost

Old Jan 14, 20, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by PB53x11 View Post
Way too early. I'm not sure how close to departure it will show, possibly two days before departure.

OK Thanks! So I guess I can't do anything on the app in relation to seats; upgrades etc., until it shows up with more options/information.

....such a downgrade.
Old Jan 14, 20, 12:56 pm

Programs: AC 50K
Originally Posted by codfather View Post
Been over a month now and still no Altitude card in the mobile app for iOS users. Not very good...
I can confirm, Altitude card now shows for IOS users!!
Old Jan 14, 20, 7:13 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by ridefar View Post
Yes.

Do you have any sort of social media account? Do you online bank? Do you buy anything online? Do ever you use a browser that is not in "incognito" mode? Do you use strong passwords for everything online? Have you ever used an online dating site? Have you ever used Google to search for something? Do you have a smart phone? I could go on. You probably get my point.
I obviously have some of those, but few if any have my passport/Nexus info. It just seems risky, if not plain dumb to store that info on an AC (or any) app.
Old Jan 14, 20, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K, WS Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MP, Priority Pass, AMEX MR, NEXUS, H-Honors, M-Bonvoy
Originally Posted by marchelli View Post
I can confirm, Altitude card now shows for IOS users!!
Well...talk about efficiency! Lol
Old Jan 14, 20, 8:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National
Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
Does anyone feel secure doing this? I wouldn’t, even if the app worked properly.
Its just a number. Any important use of a NEXUS card, they are going to cross reference it against biometrics and a central system.
Old Jan 14, 20, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K MM, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Plat, HH Diamond
And it's not like it isn't going to end up in AC's systems anyway.
SPG_Fan likes this.
Old Jan 15, 20, 7:05 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Updated to iOS 5.1.6 yesterday and overnight it consumed all the available space on my iPhone - over 4 GB. Bizarre.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 15, 20, 7:35 am

Android 5.1.6 update now live. Still no seat selection.

• Reintroduced the Altitude Digital Card. Access it from the Aeroplan tab.
• Save your NEXUS information to your saved traveler profile, and have it automatically added to your next check-in.
• Resolved an issue which prevented the Check-in button from appearing on Trips.
• Addressed an issue which prevented access to the boarding pass directly from Trips for some customers.
• Improved the reliability of bookings automatically retrieved by Aeroplan.
Old Jan 15, 20, 7:46 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
I obviously have some of those, but few if any have my passport/Nexus info. It just seems risky, if not plain dumb to store that info on an AC (or any) app.
OK, so why is that any different than sharing your phone number, credit card, address, birth date, email address, answers to "security" questions, etc. With the websites, apps, or companies that I mentioned in my original list? Frankly why should I care if anybody knows my KTN? I would be a lot more concerned about my credit card data than my KTN. KTN only helps somebody that is booking travel as me, with the associated other data and biometrics. (Not likely.) I am genuinely curious if you know of some risk here that I am not aware of, or if this is just a generic concern because it feels like it is the equivalent of your passport and therefore special. And if it is the latter I would suggest the feeling is unfounded in genuine risk.
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:42 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Okay, ... good luck.
Old Jan 16, 20, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Android 5.1.7 is out. Presumably just bug fixes.
Old Jan 16, 20, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Weird. Mine is still at 5.03. My phone says last updated November and I can't seem to force an update short of uninstall and reinstall. When I use my desktop to look at Google Play, it also says 5.03, but last updated today.

Dr. PITUK
douglasr likes this.
Old Jan 16, 20, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by painintheuk View Post
Weird. Mine is still at 5.03. My phone says last updated November and I can't seem to force an update short of uninstall and reinstall. When I use my desktop to look at Google Play, it also says 5.03, but last updated today.

Dr. PITUK
They're probably rolling it out gradually. I suspect 5.1.6 had an issue, so they stopped that, fixed it, and rolled out a new version.

You can always download it from https://apkpure.com/air-canada/com.aircanada (seems like 5.1.6 is the latest there) if you want. If it installs over top of your old version, then you can be assured it's a legitimate version.
painintheuk likes this.
Old Jan 16, 20, 4:50 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
I was also able to update to 5.1.7 today. Seems no different.
Old Jan 17, 20, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC S100K, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
I was also able to update to 5.1.7 today. Seems no different.
Still no update for me. And when I go to the Play Store web it shows the update date as 16-Jan-2020 but the version as 5.0.3 still. Definitely some strangeness going on.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: