Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 28, 19, 7:59 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: codfather
Wiki Link

Print Wikipost

Old Dec 5, 19, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by capedreamer View Post
Is it just me or does the new app no longer provide an opportunity to enter your KTN if you’re using passport as the travel document?
I entered it in the Profile page (iOS)
when signed in, click Passengers, select yourself
It's under point 2 with DOB etc

@canadiancow's answer is better

Last edited by 24left; Dec 5, 19 at 8:13 pm
Old Dec 5, 19, 8:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
If you're talking about checkin, then that's the same web based system as the old app.

And it let me put in a KTN on Sunday.
Old Dec 5, 19, 10:07 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
I entered it in the Profile page (iOS)
when signed in, click Passengers, select yourself
It's under point 2 with DOB etc

@canadiancow's answer is better
My KTN is already in there but didnít get reflected on my booking / boarding pass.

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
If you're talking about checkin, then that's the same web based system as the old app.

And it let me put in a KTN on Sunday.
Weird. Didnít show up for me on the app or web check in today.
Old Dec 5, 19, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
My KTN is already in there but didnít get reflected on my booking / boarding pass.

So it has nothing to do with the app then...
Old Dec 5, 19, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@capedreamer
Did web check-in for one flight. Since the app won't let me add the booking to it, no other choice.

I noticed:
1. Although the booking had my personal info such as DOB, passport and KTN, none of it populated in the web check it. Was it broken during the migration? Was it completely missing because it was linked to the original pre-migration PNR? Who knows.
2. Had to enter all of the missing info and once I did, I had the usual options for BP format were offered. I received the link by email and added it to Wallet.

Then I wondered... if I'm checked in, can I access the BP from the app. It asked for PNR and name as usual, but no BP and got one of the usual error messages. I'm sure someone will tell me that this wouldn't have worked but I was curious anyway.

As noted in the main Amadeus thread, the return flight OLCI might be interesting if it asks me for an eTA.
Old Dec 8, 19, 10:28 am

Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
So I got bit by the new app last night.

Was looking at the flight status page and saw that AC114 which I am flying today was cancelled. So, I call a less than stellar concierge and I figured out that there had been a equipment swap, as the flight number was now AC2114. This, any many other things, was news to the concierge. But that's a different rant.

The app has still not updated my iten to reflect the new flight number. So for a FOTSG (and almost me) it still looks like there's big problem with this trip.

I don't recall if the 'old' app updated flight numbers after booking but this one sure didn't for me. Interestingly, CheckMyTrip from Amadeus shows all of the current information so AC can hardly blame their new rez system for this crap.

This is more of an annoyance than anything, but it makes rely on other sources of truth for sure, especially if I want to know the latest.
Old Dec 8, 19, 11:51 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Bohemian1 View Post
So I got bit by the new app last night.

Was looking at the flight status page and saw that AC114 which I am flying today was cancelled. So, I call a less than stellar concierge and I figured out that there had been a equipment swap, as the flight number was now AC2114. This, any many other things, was news to the concierge. But that's a different rant.

The app has still not updated my iten to reflect the new flight number. So for a FOTSG (and almost me) it still looks like there's big problem with this trip.

I don't recall if the 'old' app updated flight numbers after booking but this one sure didn't for me. Interestingly, CheckMyTrip from Amadeus shows all of the current information so AC can hardly blame their new rez system for this crap.

This is more of an annoyance than anything, but it makes rely on other sources of truth for sure, especially if I want to know the latest.
The old app did very similar things. I had a IAH-YYC flight that changed to IAH-DEN-YYC (usual reason: they would have run out of fuel). The app showed the original IAH-YYC direct cancelled. They didn't even need to change the flight number in that case. So... yeah.
Old Dec 8, 19, 8:42 pm

I'm struggling with the app multiple ways.

I've tried to load in new itineraries booked since Amadeus. UA Flight #'s operated by AC. I've entered the AC / Amadeus record locator and get a "Well that's embarrassing" error message indicating they apologize for the error and that they have notified people of the problem.

Then, later on, I try checking in on the app for a different itinerary. And also get the "Well that's embarrassing" error message.

Has anyone else gotten the "Well that's embarrassing" error message? Have you been able to find out the cause?

I was able to check in for this flight online...just not via the app.
Old Dec 8, 19, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ualboston1k View Post
I'm struggling with the app multiple ways.

I've tried to load in new itineraries booked since Amadeus. UA Flight #'s operated by AC. I've entered the AC / Amadeus record locator and get a "Well that's embarrassing" error message indicating they apologize for the error and that they have notified people of the problem.

Then, later on, I try checking in on the app for a different itinerary. And also get the "Well that's embarrassing" error message.

Has anyone else gotten the "Well that's embarrassing" error message? Have you been able to find out the cause?

I was able to check in for this flight online...just not via the app.

Quite a few posts (including screen shots) with that message and similar others in this thread going back to at least Nov 25.
My trips have disappeared from the app, so I checked in for my flights via desktop browser.

I see no point in using the app until it has what I need. At least we still have other options.
Old Dec 8, 19, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I just took a huge mobile crapp*. It felt good. Don't worry though as it wasn't in an aircraft lav.

*what I really mean is that I deleted the crapp from my iPad.
Lornag likes this.
Old Dec 18, 19, 10:44 am

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
What's wrong with this picture?
  1. The first booking was cancelled weeks ago and just won't go away. Once I removed it, but it came back again later.
  2. It says I'm in Flight Status, when in fact I'm in trips (as it does every time I open the app)
  3. I can't figure out how to get rid of that notice about the status on AC316 and its delay, which was nearly three weeks ago. Haven't tried reinstalling the app, but should I really need to?

Old Dec 18, 19, 3:04 pm

Programs: AC, Marriott
The warning from a week ago is tied to your boarding passes. Remove the old ones to clear it.

I also have the issue of it mixing up trips and flight status. You can press trips again to get the correct item selected.
Old Dec 18, 19, 4:23 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Iíve been tracking certain AC flights operated by Omni. Using the app Flight Status it says status of Omni flights is unavailable. Using the web site it appears normally. Searching Flight Aware with the same number shows past flights but not current or future flights with the same number.
Old Dec 19, 19, 12:49 am

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist View Post
The warning from a week ago is tied to your boarding passes. Remove the old ones to clear it.

I also have the issue of it mixing up trips and flight status. You can press trips again to get the correct item selected.
Thanks re the first point, that was helpful.

As for the second, I know. I'm just hoping that someone at AC is reading this thread and taking note. After all, as I mentioned somewhere up thread, I tried to use the form feedback or bug report or whatever function in the app, but it crashed when I did that
Old Dec 19, 19, 5:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 25K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles Silver and a few more
Does the new app show seat assignments? If yes, where.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: