Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 28, 19, 7:59 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: codfather
Wiki Link

Print Wikipost

Old Nov 30, 19, 12:15 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
Is the new app more prone to lying about the cause of delays, or is that the same as before?

Mechanical issue with an engine delayed us this morning, but this is what the app says...

It's a feature, not a bug.
Old Nov 30, 19, 12:26 pm

Programs: AC E50K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
Is the new app more prone to lying about the cause of delays, or is that the same as before?

Mechanical issue with an engine delayed us this morning, but this is what the app says...

Experienced the same issue last weekend, pilot indicated delay was problem with flight computer and app said weather delay.
Old Nov 30, 19, 12:32 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
The app just crashed while I was trying to write feedback through the feedback function! Priceless! 🤣
douglasr and yyckerr like this.
Old Nov 30, 19, 3:36 pm

So there is an update (5.0.3)
for this abomination of an app. I downloaded it and see no obvious improvements..definately no seat info.
Old Nov 30, 19, 7:13 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
App update still cannot retrieve a PNR or the boarding pass obtained (via web OLCI) on that PNR.
PNR shows in FP app, but cannot check in or get boarding pass on FP app.
Not sure it's strictly a FP problem because app DOES have a future FP booking (on the same FP) but the one it has was booked and loaded into the app under the old PNR pre-Amadeus cutover. It updated the PNR and stayed.
Pretty unhelpful.
PB53x11 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 19, 7:55 pm

Programs: AC, Marriott
Originally Posted by Genetk44 View Post
So there is an update (5.0.3) for this abomination of an app. I downloaded it and see no obvious improvements..definately no seat info.
I'm happy they appear to be trying to sort out the features they have already released before adding more to the app.
Old Nov 30, 19, 9:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by flyquiet View Post
App update still cannot retrieve a PNR or the boarding pass obtained (via web OLCI) on that PNR.
PNR shows in FP app, but cannot check in or get boarding pass on FP app.
Not sure it's strictly a FP problem because app DOES have a future FP booking (on the same FP) but the one it has was booked and loaded into the app under the old PNR pre-Amadeus cutover. It updated the PNR and stayed.
Pretty unhelpful.
Have same problem for flights booked 2 days ago no boarding pass on app available because it says cannot find pnr
Old Dec 1, 19, 8:20 am

Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
Now today, it can't access flight status. I figured, okay, it doesn't know I am on the flight but I can still view the flight status, inbound a/c etc. Nope.
"well, that's embarrassing".
Nice to see them being all folksy about bugs, but I'd rather it worked and stayed working.
jasdou likes this.
Old Dec 2, 19, 9:14 am

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
I'm trying to look up flight status by route between YYZ and YUL today. Even though I keep selecting that I only want YYZ and not YTO, it keeps giving me both YYZ and YTZ flights in the results
Old Dec 2, 19, 5:34 pm

Air Canada App

Sorry if this has already been asked but I did a quick search and am looking for a quick answer. I can't seem to find anywhere on the new App to be able to see the seat selection and choose if so desired?
Old Dec 2, 19, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Bravada04 View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked but I did a quick search and am looking for a quick answer. I can't seem to find anywhere on the new App to be able to see the seat selection and choose if so desired?

@Bravada04

just a fyi

And some posters have reported no seat maps available
Old Dec 2, 19, 6:08 pm

Programs: TK *G
The new app sells PY on a 320, canít buy Latitude or J flexible.

And for entertainment read the reviews on the app store.
Old Dec 2, 19, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
One of mine booked prior to migration and which was there with new PNR just after migration, evaporated after upgrades were done by AC.

Cannot add booking to app. At all. Obviously still shows on AC Manage Bookings - but booking is locked (you know, no changes can be made and so on). All very amusing. Wonder who broke AC?

For fun, tried again. Same result with both new PNR and old one.

flyquiet likes this.
Old Dec 2, 19, 6:39 pm

Thank You! Hopefully they are changing things because this is a severe downgrade from the old one...…...and that one was bad!

It shows me next to nothing on my upcoming flights...

Just curious when you say "some posters" - is it hit and miss as in some people can see / choose their seats and some cannot?
Old Dec 2, 19, 6:51 pm

Programs: AC E50K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Apparently I posted as moderators we’re moving things around. The new app is feature deficient at best and a major regression at worse. BTW congratulations on 1000 posts.
24left likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: