Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: codfather

Print Wikipost

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Old Nov 29, 2019, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bingie

Funny. The preview for the new app shows a landing page with status, expiry date and digital card... Um.. when??

Also.. anyone else not receiving notifications to check in?
That landing page was only meant for one person. Since there is only one AC 5MMer.
traacs, YYC traveler and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:30 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I find something new to hate about this app every time I open it. Tonight, every time I try to scroll down my list of bookings, it keeps going back to the top when I've only gotten a booking or two down the list. Seems like it's trying to update all the bookings and keeps going back to the top as it does. Wait a bit and it calms down and you can scroll down. But don't wait too long, otherwise it will start trying to refresh everything and the cycle begins anew!
flyquiet likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I find something new to hate about this app every time I open it. Tonight, every time I try to scroll down my list of bookings, it keeps going back to the top when I've only gotten a booking or two down the list. Seems like it's trying to update all the bookings and keeps going back to the top as it does. Wait a bit and it calms down and you can scroll down. But don't wait too long, otherwise it will start trying to refresh everything and the cycle begins anew!
I sent them a video of that, so hopefully it will be fixed relatively soon. It only matters if you have more than two bookings though.

I'm down from 20+ to 9.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I sent them a video of that, so hopefully it will be fixed relatively soon. It only matters if you have more than two bookings though.

I'm down from 20+ to 9.
Yeah, so it won't be an issue for FOTSGs, since they'll only have the one trip in there, but for those of us who spend the most money with AC, it's really annoying. And a lot of FOTSGs probably don't even bother to install the app, whereas frequent flyers are probably generally heavy users of it.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:31 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I canít get a new booking to show.
It automatically loaded a pre-migration future booking with updated PNR after the migration, twice, but the new booking today doesnít show, nor can I load it by manual input (ďerror 501 go away we already know and maybe will fix itĒ or words to that effect). The FP app has the new booking but canít be put in the main app no-how.
yyz_atc_qq likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
I haven't been able to check in using the 5.x.x app.

I almost wish the old one would come back.....
flyquiet likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:16 am

Yeah, so it won't be an issue for FOTSGs, since they'll only have the one trip in there, but for those of us who spend the most money with AC, it's really annoying. And a lot of FOTSGs probably don't even bother to install the app, whereas frequent flyers are probably generally heavy users of it.
Not sure what exactly FOTSG stands for but I suspect I am one since I only fly 5-6 times a year at most. But Iíve had and been using the app almost exclusively to book, purchase, monitor and olci all my flights pretty well since since it first came out. And this iteration of the app has to be the worst, least functional and least intuitive version Iíve seen yet.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Genetk44
Not sure what exactly FOTSG stands for but I suspect I am one since I only fly 5-6 times a year at most. But Iíve had and been using the app almost exclusively to book, purchase, monitor and olci all my flights pretty well since since it first came out. And this iteration of the app has to be the worst, least functional and least intuitive version Iíve seen yet.
FOTSG is Fly Once To See Grandma, a term used around here to describe infrequent travellers. Although it's more about knowledge and sophistication - there are some FOTSG SEs out there, and someone who flies 5-6 times a year but pays attention and knows how things work isn't necessarily FOTSG. So you may or may not be a FOTSG

I suspect that your level of sophistication is far beyond most FOTSGs though, since they tend to just book lowest price that they find via Expedia, Google Flights, etc.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
My complaints:
- I don't like how you can't preview seat plans like United app.
- there is no list of contact numbers for concierge, priority reservations hotline etc. Either that or it's not recognizing my status.
- flight passes is still a separate app
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:28 am

FOTSG is Fly Once To See Grandma, a term used around here to describe infrequent travellers. Although it's more about knowledge and sophistication - there are some FOTSG SEs out there, and someone who flies 5-6 times a year but pays attention and knows how things work isn't necessarily FOTSG. So you may or may not be a FOTSG

I suspect that your level of sophistication is far beyond most FOTSGs though, since they tend to just book lowest price that they find via Expedia, Google Flights, etc.
Ahhh..thanks for the clarification. Well I have been flying for about 60 years and have been an AP member since 1984 and flew far more in my younger days, just donít find it enjoyable anymore. Although I have zero knowledge about using awards,points,rewards etc and all the other tricks of the trade. 😂😂
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:19 am

Flying Rouge today (shudder..) and the app on my tablet tried to update to the new one.

The new app isn't compatible with my android tablet...

Its going to be a boring flight with no rouge player...
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by Bingie
Flying Rouge today (shudder..) and the app on my tablet tried to update to the new one.

The new app isn't compatible with my android tablet...

Its going to be a boring flight with no rouge player...
Lol which rouge flight r u on
Old Nov 30, 2019, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by cooleddie
Lol which rouge flight r u on
Old Nov 30, 2019, 11:31 am

I hope everyone is giving it a very generous 1 star rating in the app store
Genetk44 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 12:12 pm

Is the new app more prone to lying about the cause of delays, or is that the same as before?

Mechanical issue with an engine delayed us this morning, but this is what the app says...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.