FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1993153-newly-redesigned-air-canada-mobile-app-fall-2019-a.html)

Stranger Nov 26, 2019 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 31780730)

So what happened to the 6 people ahead of "NIJ, S." in Business Class?

I don't recall it looking like this in the old app.

My guess is that these were people who received the upgrade before the switch to amadeus. It looks like a number of details on older reservations are now unavailable and this smells like one of them. Examples: the list of reservtions on aircanada.com no longer allows doing anything (except for bidding for upgrades...) on older reservations. But it does for post-switch ones, just like before.

yyznomad Nov 26, 2019 7:44 pm

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile Crapp (Fail 2019)

jkordyback Nov 26, 2019 7:49 pm

I like flying with Air Canada, but their mobile app is the worst in industry. Delta and Southwest have set the standard in NA.

codfather Nov 26, 2019 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31780780)

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile Crapp (Fail 2019)

I think we should change the wiki...

Remove the AC promotional stuff I put there in the first place before this garbage app came out.

Sopwith Nov 26, 2019 7:55 pm

FWIW, the twitterati are not happy either. It’s not just us.

yyznomad Nov 26, 2019 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Sopwith (Post 31780808)
FWIW, the twitterati are not happy either. It’s not just us.

Problem with this industry is that anyone and anything (even your pet rock) can "code". Even my Grandma can code (she only has training in corn husk wreathing). It "works", so clearly, it must be "correct". :rolleyes:

24left Nov 26, 2019 8:01 pm

.....other thread

codfather Nov 26, 2019 8:12 pm

I can't edit the font size in the wiki? Trying to make some *reasonable* changes.

yyznomad Nov 26, 2019 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31780845)
I can't edit the font size in the wiki? Trying to make some *reasonable* changes.

If the craptastic FT WYSIWYG editor doesn't work, then simply brute force type in using the size tag [size=3]Your wording here[/size] or whatever.

codfather Nov 26, 2019 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31780848)
If the craptastic FT WYSIWYG editor doesn't work, then simply brute force type in using the size tag [size=3]Your wording here[/size] or whatever.

Tried typing it on Google Docs and pasting it here, but it just changed it to the big font when I pasted it :td:

yyznomad Nov 26, 2019 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31780865)
Tried typing it on Google Docs and pasting it here, but it just changed it to the big font when I pasted it :td:

The best way to edit an FT wiki is to manually do the tags yourself using something simple like notepad or a basic editor that can tag match... I wouldn't bother with WYSIWYG copying and pasting because it will often end up messy. It's worked swimmingly for me for the very complex wikis I've created.

But what was wrong with what you had in your initial wiki? All the info was there about the new AC mobile app, AFAIK.

Stranger Nov 26, 2019 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31780874)
The best way to edit an FT wiki is to manually do the tags yourself using something simple like notepad or a basic editor that can tag match... I

Real men use vi. :-)

yyznomad Nov 26, 2019 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 31781025)
Real men use vi. :-)

I used to be a real man, in university.

canadiancow Nov 26, 2019 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 31780730)
A minor thing, but saw this on Sunday:

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...fa5271961e.png

So what happened to the 6 people ahead of "NIJ, S." in Business Class?

I don't recall it looking like this in the old app.

It's much easier to debug the onload list before the flight closes, regardless of how much access you have to DCS.

codfather Nov 27, 2019 7:26 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31780874)
The best way to edit an FT wiki is to manually do the tags yourself using something simple like notepad or a basic editor that can tag match... I wouldn't bother with WYSIWYG copying and pasting because it will often end up messy. It's worked swimmingly for me for the very complex wikis I've created.

But what was wrong with what you had in your initial wiki? All the info was there about the new AC mobile app, AFAIK.

I should have just left it there, but it seemed a little bit more like promotional material for AC if anything.

Will try to make a more accurate updated version later today!