FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1993153-newly-redesigned-air-canada-mobile-app-fall-2019-a.html)

Swiftler Nov 21, 2019 3:52 am

I can’t seem to add existing booking on the new app. I logged in on the Aeroplan and also entering booking reference manually. The message says,

“Sorry, something went wrong!

An error occurred that we didn’t quite expect. We are temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please take note of the error message/number and contact our Technical Support Desk. (RetrievePNR - 1020) We’ve been automatically notified, and hope to address this issue shortly.”

anyone having the same problem?

traacs Nov 21, 2019 7:31 am

This morning all bookings are missing from the app as well as boarding passes for today
Unable to add my bookings back into the app

PB53x11 Nov 21, 2019 8:22 am

You were able to get boarding passes for today? I couldn't even get that far; like Swiftler, I can't get today's booking to load, using either the old or new booking reference. My future bookings still show, though..

I've checked in online but don't have access to printing (nor can I get it to load on my phone) so I'll have to get my boarding pass at the airport.

Cerberus Nov 21, 2019 9:13 am

Ok... this new app is garbage. Nothing appears to work very well at all. Couldn't do check-in -- much less get my boarding pass. I ended up doing check-in on the web and sending the boarding pass via SMS. What the hell AC?

CanadianMike Nov 21, 2019 9:16 am

Is there somewhere secret in the app where we can find our digital Altitude status card?

YYC traveler Nov 21, 2019 9:38 am

Originally Posted by CanadianMike (Post 31762149)
Is there somewhere secret in the app where we can find our digital Altitude status card?

Not yet. The functionality was also removed from the previous version (4.x) of the software as part of the single Aeroplan login integration IIRC. There are posts about it in another thread, https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...l#post31565713

traacs Nov 21, 2019 10:27 am

Well put in all PNR's again and after putting in last one ,the next 3 days of pnr,s disappeared

YYC traveler Nov 21, 2019 10:27 am

Just checked in for a flight tomorrow and everything went smoothly, with one exception. Selected the option to receive the boarding pass in the app, so far so good. But the previous version would allow me to add the boarding pass to my Apple Wallet. That doesn't seem to be available in this version.

Added: A little further digging and I found it, under the More link in the very bottom right corner. As I previously reported, this app doesn't seem to have been coded for the iPhone SE screen size, so getting the More link to work required some very deft touch.

yyckerr Nov 21, 2019 10:29 am

Originally Posted by YYC traveler (Post 31762437)
Just checked in for a flight tomorrow and everything went smoothly, with one exception. Selected the option to receive the boarding pass in the app, so far so good. But the previous version would allow me to add the boarding pass to my Apple Wallet. That doesn't seem to be available in this version.

Click "more" on bottom right corner

RatherBeInYOW Nov 21, 2019 10:30 am

Originally Posted by YYC traveler (Post 31762437)

Press “more” in the lower right hand corner of the app BP and there is an option to add it to your Apple Wallet.

YYC traveler Nov 21, 2019 10:33 am

Originally Posted by yyckerr (Post 31762445)
Click "more" on bottom right corner

Thanks. I've updated my post above. The app has some challenges with the iPhone SE form factor so getting the More link to work required some very deft touch.

RatherBeInYOW Nov 21, 2019 11:23 am

So experience yesterday / today so far with the app / Amadeus (which thread does this go in?):
  • I was only able to OLCI for the first leg of my trip, not the second (YYZ-YOW) of my trip. Even using YYZ as the starting point to try and get the second BP it was not working.
  • When I saw the SE check-in agent, she said that I was in fact checked in to both flights despite the app not showing me checked in for the second flight.
  • My TSA Pre was gone, no way to add it back during OLCI in the app, but the SE check-in agent at LAX was able to add it back in.
  • I ended up with printed BPs for both flights in person, with TSA Pre, ITD OSS, and everything as it should be. I just couldn't do those things with the app.

Bohemian1 Nov 21, 2019 11:23 am

Originally Posted by YYC traveler (Post 31762461)
Thanks. I've updated my post above. The app has some challenges with the iPhone SE form factor so getting the More link to work required some very deft touch.

I also own this marvel of engineering and this may also explain why there is so much text overlap between some of the origins/destinations. Nice to see that AC's brief to whatever app developer there are using excluded my device as a target.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

ridefar Nov 21, 2019 11:34 am

Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW (Post 31762670)
So experience yesterday / today so far with the app / Amadeus (which thread does this go in?):
  • I was only able to OLCI for the first leg of my trip, not the second (YYZ-YOW) of my trip. Even using YYZ as the starting point to try and get the second BP it was not working.
  • When I saw the SE check-in agent, she said that I was in fact checked in to both flights despite the app not showing me checked in for the second flight.
  • My TSA Pre was gone, no way to add it back during OLCI in the app, but the SE check-in agent at LAX was able to add it back in.
  • I ended up with printed BPs for both flights in person, with TSA Pre, ITD OSS, and everything as it should be. I just couldn't do those things with the app.

You do need to add your KTN to your profile in the app. It won’t pull it from any external source. That should restore your ability to get precheck automatically. If you already did this... well the app is messed up. :)

Just an edit to add: the app is screwing up date of birth. Who knows how or why (if I had to guess I think they have transposed the month and day fields). Which means that even if you have the KTN right, you won't get pre check. So make sure the date of birth fields (which should be auto-filled) are in fact correct. Took me a few tries, but with that I was able to get the app to check me in an get pre check.

musicmtl Nov 21, 2019 7:10 pm

New update of the Android app downloading now!