Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: codfather

Print Wikipost

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Old Nov 19, 2019, 4:30 pm
  #151  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite & Aeroplan 50K
Posts: 1,725
Since the Amadeus update, I have noticed the pax info on the app has changed.

Now says,
Johnamr Smith
AC/[email protected]

Only seeing this AC/E on my AE booking, but not on my paid booking.

Does AC/E signify status perhaps? Funny though, as I have Prestige, not Elite.
codfather is online now  
Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:16 pm
  #152  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: YHZ
Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Posts: 1,163
Originally Posted by Genetk44
All the essential functionality and information has been removed, the u/i sucks, and it just looks like crap...!
Ummm, no, the essential functionality and information has not been removed. My reservations are there, I like the Flight Status page, I can check-in and get a boarding pass, track the inbound flight, search the incorrect standby list, search other flights, etc.

It is much better than the old app (granted, anything would be better).

There are bugs, and improvements that need to happen, but I am amazed that they got the app updated and amazed that it was able to handle the migration fairly seamlessly.
Yhztraveller is offline  
Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:21 pm
  #153  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite & Aeroplan 50K
Posts: 1,725
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Ummm, no, the essential functionality and information has not been removed. My reservations are there, I like the Flight Status page, I can check-in and get a boarding pass, track the inbound flight, search the incorrect standby list, search other flights, etc.

It is much better than the old app (granted, anything would be better).

There are bugs, and improvements that need to happen, but I am amazed that they got the app updated and amazed that it was able to handle the migration fairly seamlessly.
The best migration to a new system I have ever seen from AC!

And no, I am not comparing it to the disaster that is the Amadeus transition...
Yhztraveller likes this.
codfather is online now  
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:12 pm
  #154  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 320
Originally Posted by codfather
App isn't totally complete yet from what I understand.

Expect many bug fixes and other additions to the app in the coming weeks.
One can only hope.
Genetk44 is offline  
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:11 pm
  #155  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE MM
Posts: 611


Maybe they do it this way?
Bohemian1, marke190 and codfather like this.
mountainboy is online now  
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:13 pm
  #156  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Posts: 671
Originally Posted by Norcanair
Not sure if this is the right thread - mods feel free to move.

Since the Amadeus upgrade came online today, the Aeroplan iPhone app won't log me in, claiming "this version of the app is no longer supported." Click on the update option, but the app store has no new version available
Update is published on App Store now
yyckerr is offline  
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:21 pm
  #157  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite & Aeroplan 50K
Posts: 1,725
Originally Posted by mountainboy


Maybe they do it this way?
Amazing TATL on a DH3 would be legendary.

Any other incorrect aircraft issues being noticed on the app besides this?
codfather is online now  
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:57 pm
  #158  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: YYJ/YYT
Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Posts: 652


Looks like there's still some cleaning up that needs to be done. It doesn't seem to be an issue for places other than Saint John NB and St. John's NL as the app includes the province name for these places.
marke190 is offline  
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:35 am
  #159  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 320
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Ummm, no, the essential functionality and information has not been removed. My reservations are there, I like the Flight Status page, I can check-in and get a boarding pass, track the inbound flight, search the incorrect standby list, search other flights, etc.

It is much better than the old app (granted, anything would be better).

There are bugs, and improvements that need to happen, but I am amazed that they got the app updated and amazed that it was able to handle the migration fairly seamlessly.
Yeah..ok, finally found the online check-in button after some searching. As for the rest of your comment....glad you like it but it appears youre really in the minority. The comments in various forums,news reports etc are overwhelmingly in agreement that the app upgrade has pretty well Been a regression and downgraded the app.
Genetk44 is offline  
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:38 am
  #160  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 320
Originally Posted by codfather
The best migration to a new system I have ever seen from AC!

And no, I am not comparing it to the disaster that is the Amadeus transition...
Great...the transition was seamless...from a not so great usable functioning app to a complete dogs-breakfast of a completely multi-step,useless piece of garbage.
Genetk44 is offline  
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:11 am
  #161  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite & Aeroplan 50K
Posts: 1,725
Originally Posted by Genetk44
Great...the transition was seamless...from a not so great usable functioning app to a complete dogs-breakfast of a completely multi-step,useless piece of garbage.
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but most members on this forum would disagree with you...

The new app is quite popular amongst the FFs!
codfather is online now  
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:15 am
  #162  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: YYC
Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Posts: 3,410
Originally Posted by codfather
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but most members on this forum would disagree with you...

The new app is quite popular amongst the FFs!
Because the old app was deprecated and we don't have a choice?

I don't find the new app remotely as good as the old. And the old was a pretty low bar to get over.
Bohemian1 likes this.
ridefar is offline  
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:17 am
  #163  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: YYT/YYC/TPE
Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Posts: 1,810
Originally Posted by codfather
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but most members on this forum would disagree with you...

The new app is quite popular amongst the FFs!
Hmmm, really? I'm at the point where I want to completely uninstall the app and just use the web browser.
YYT82 is offline  
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:20 am
  #164  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite & Aeroplan 50K
Posts: 1,725
Originally Posted by ridefar
Because the old app was deprecated and we don't have a choice?

I don't find the new app remotely as good as the old. And the old was a pretty low bar to get over.
I am of the opinion that everything is still in the development stage, and these minor kinks will be worked out over the next few weeks.
codfather is online now  
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:21 am
  #165  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite & Aeroplan 50K
Posts: 1,725
Originally Posted by YYT82
Hmmm, really? I'm at the point where I want to completely uninstall the app and just use the web browser.
I am somewhat surprised that they decided to fully release the new app before the beta period ended.

I would have expected them to leave the old app there for the next two months at least.
codfather is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.