Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 28, 19, 7:59 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: codfather
Wiki Link

Print Wikipost

Old Nov 19, 19, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC P25K, WS Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MP, Priority Pass, AMEX MR, NEXUS, H-Honors, M-Bonvoy
Since the Amadeus update, I have noticed the pax info on the app has changed.

Now says,
Johnamr Smith
AC/[email protected]

Only seeing this AC/E on my AE booking, but not on my paid booking.

Does AC/E signify status perhaps? Funny though, as I have Prestige, not Elite.
Old Nov 19, 19, 6:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .875MM, Marriott Gold, Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by Genetk44 View Post
All the essential functionality and information has been removed, the u/i sucks, and it just looks like crap...!
Ummm, no, the essential functionality and information has not been removed. My reservations are there, I like the Flight Status page, I can check-in and get a boarding pass, track the inbound flight, search the incorrect standby list, search other flights, etc.

It is much better than the old app (granted, anything would be better).

There are bugs, and improvements that need to happen, but I am amazed that they got the app updated and amazed that it was able to handle the migration fairly seamlessly.
Old Nov 19, 19, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC P25K, WS Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MP, Priority Pass, AMEX MR, NEXUS, H-Honors, M-Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller View Post
Ummm, no, the essential functionality and information has not been removed. My reservations are there, I like the Flight Status page, I can check-in and get a boarding pass, track the inbound flight, search the incorrect standby list, search other flights, etc.

There are bugs, and improvements that need to happen, but I am amazed that they got the app updated and amazed that it was able to handle the migration fairly seamlessly.
The best migration to a new system I have ever seen from AC!

And no, I am not comparing it to the disaster that is the Amadeus transition...
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Nov 19, 19, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by codfather View Post
App isn't totally complete yet from what I understand.

Expect many bug fixes and other additions to the app in the coming weeks.
One can only hope.
Old Nov 19, 19, 8:11 pm

Programs: AC SE

Maybe they do it this way?
Bohemian1, marke190 and codfather like this.
Old Nov 19, 19, 8:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Norcanair View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread - mods feel free to move.

Since the Amadeus upgrade came online today, the Aeroplan iPhone app won't log me in, claiming "this version of the app is no longer supported." Click on the update option, but the app store has no new version available
Update is published on App Store now
Old Nov 19, 19, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mountainboy View Post

Maybe they do it this way?
Amazing TATL on a DH3 would be legendary.

Any other incorrect aircraft issues being noticed on the app besides this?
Old Nov 19, 19, 8:57 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), NEXUS

Looks like there's still some cleaning up that needs to be done. It doesn't seem to be an issue for places other than Saint John NB and St. John's NL as the app includes the province name for these places.
Old Nov 20, 19, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller View Post

Yeah..ok, finally found the online check-in button after some searching. As for the rest of your comment....glad you like it but it appears you’re really in the minority. The comments in various forums,news reports etc are overwhelmingly in agreement that the “ app upgrade” has pretty well Been a regression and downgraded the app.
Old Nov 20, 19, 5:38 am

The best migration to a new system I have ever seen from AC!

And no, I am not comparing it to the disaster that is the Amadeus transition...
Great...the transition was seamless...from a not so great usable functioning app to a complete dogs-breakfast of a completely multi-step,useless piece of garbage.
Old Nov 20, 19, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Genetk44 View Post
Great...the transition was seamless...from a not so great usable functioning app to a complete dogs-breakfast of a completely multi-step,useless piece of garbage.
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but most members on this forum would disagree with you...

The new app is quite popular amongst the FFs!
Old Nov 20, 19, 8:15 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but most members on this forum would disagree with you...

Because the old app was deprecated and we don't have a choice?

I don't find the new app remotely as good as the old. And the old was a pretty low bar to get over.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 19, 8:17 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE

Hmmm, really? I'm at the point where I want to completely uninstall the app and just use the web browser.
Old Nov 20, 19, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ridefar View Post
Because the old app was deprecated and we don't have a choice?

I don't find the new app remotely as good as the old. And the old was a pretty low bar to get over.
I am of the opinion that everything is still in the development stage, and these minor kinks will be worked out over the next few weeks.
Old Nov 20, 19, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YYT82 View Post
Hmmm, really? I'm at the point where I want to completely uninstall the app and just use the web browser.
I am somewhat surprised that they decided to fully release the new app before the beta period ended.

I would have expected them to leave the old app there for the next two months at least.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: