Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post Your Banked Years of Super Elite S100K Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2019, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
Background
Beginning with the 2018/19 benefit year, Air Canada provides a banked year of Super Elite status as the threshold gift at 250K AQM / 250 AQS, as described thusly:
Receive one year of Banked Super Elite 100K status that will provide you with an automatic benefit year extension of Super Elite 100K status. Banked status is assigned in the first benefit year when published requirements for achieving Super Elite 100K status have not been met.
Feel free to post in this thread and in the wiki with your banked year(s).

Lifetime (3MM status)
YEG_SE4Life
Plumber

Through 2030
canadiancow

Through 2027
2MM Centurion

Through 2026
EdmFlyBoi
SearsTower

Note: only post your name once. For example, if you have two years of banked SE in late 2023, you are qualified "through 2025"; it's a given that you have 2024 as well.
Print Wikipost

Post Your Banked Years of Super Elite S100K Here!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Plumber
That would be an easy one for me as I have a son at Dal and can visit at the same time!
We are getting some traction here! I like this lol, now we might need to create a separate thread for this one.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by codfather
Everybody is so mysterious on FT lol

I guess I have no choice but to fly up to the mainland for a do at some point next year!

But only if everybody is going, and that includes all of you eager beavers flying almost north of 300K each year
You do have to go to a Do and people will say much more-- though some are still mysterious lol

I can tell you that in 2018 I had 173K personal miles and 90K work miles... This year it is reversed with 118K personal miles and 183K business miles.
codfather likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:43 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ridefar
Meh. Not really. I didn’t find it hard at all to do 200k +. Or no harder than 100k. And there are months this year where I will do 30k or more (not hard at all). Extrapolate that over a year and I can easily see doing 400k - 500k. I don’t want to because I have personal goals that would be very hard to achieve with that level of travel but it is all a lot easier than you think. In a slippery slope it’s all relative sort of way.
Keep in mind that different people have very different circumstances. Many people don't travel for work and have personal commitments, financial limitations, etc, that keep them from racking up huge miles on personal travel as well. There's a HUGE portion of the Canadian population that essentially never flies (this is most of Swoop's target market) and even the average person only tends to take a couple of trips a year.

Not to mention those of us who end up flying on other alliances a bunch... If all my travel had been *A this year, I probably could have broken 250K easily, but price, schedule, and DeflateGate drove me to fly more on other airlines.

Hmmm. How many miles would I get from YYC - MEL - YYC? And anybody know any cheap J fares? Might be worth it to get some warm weather for a couple days...
17,256 miles in Flex or 25,884 in J. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...miles-aqd.html
skybluesea likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Keep in mind that different people have very different circumstances. Many people don't travel for work and have personal commitments, financial limitations, etc, that keep them from racking up huge miles on personal travel as well. There's a HUGE portion of the Canadian population that essentially never flies (this is most of Swoop's target market) and even the average person only tends to take a couple of trips a year.

Not to mention those of us who end up flying on other alliances a bunch... If all my travel had been *A this year, I probably could have broken 250K easily, but price, schedule, and DeflateGate drove me to fly more on other airlines.

17,256 miles in Flex or 25,884 in J. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...miles-aqd.html
I agree with you entirely. If you aren't flying for work, even SE is a big ask for most people. I was aiming my comments however to the FF who now is (just) at SE, and wondering how on earth somebody could get to 200k or 400k AQM. My point was just once you are used to 100k, well getting to 200k seems like it is much easier than it was to get from zero to 100k.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 11:16 am
Suspended

Just received notice from AP when I complained that last year’s SE Bank hasn’t appeared that program started in 2020 so my prior +250k year in 2019 doesn’t count. Despite has been noted in my account for past 3 years?

thanks for this thread as I added this link in my reply to review again.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lloydbraun1976
Just received notice from AP when I complained that last year’s SE Bank hasn’t appeared that program started in 2020 so my prior +250k year in 2019 doesn’t count. Despite has been noted in my account for past 3 years?

thanks for this thread as I added this link in my reply to review again.
Wat. I think it started in 2018?
Old Jul 12, 2023, 9:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Wat. I think it started in 2018?
Here is what AC replied...Anyone have the official announcement from AC that I can send back?

"Thank you for your email concerning your Banked Status.

I have verified your account and the one Banked Status that is available was credited the 20 November 2022 when you reached the 250K threshold. This level was reached when you flew AC306 from Vancouver to Montreal on that date. There are no missing Banked Status to be credited. The Banked Status Benefit started in 2020.

I hope this clarifies your query.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 9:48 am

Oh I believed you. It's just ridiculous.

Old Jul 12, 2023, 9:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Oh I believed you. It's just ridiculous.
OK does link exist to official announcement as obviously this AC rep could not find the proper reference.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 10:42 am

I don't know about an announcement, but an earlier post in this thread has evidence: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31743900-post18.html

I also tried to clean up the wiki, given that benefit years now match the calendar year. If I got it wrong, please correct it.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 5:22 am
Suspended

Fixed, as this just appeared in my account with no email or notice from AC.

AC had opportunity to say congrats for achieving this, crickets instead.

unsurprising

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.