FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Post Your Banked Years of Super Elite S100K Here! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1993038-post-your-banked-years-super-elite-s100k-here.html)

Yhztraveller Nov 18, 2019 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31752249)
The likelihood of me being in a position where I have banked years of SE as a tax accountant is almost zero...

Any tax accountants out there on FT who fly enough to get SE? Lol

By brother-in-law was SE for a few years. Tax accountant.

Yhztraveller Nov 18, 2019 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31752249)
The likelihood of me being in a position where I have banked years of SE as a tax accountant is almost zero...

Any tax accountants out there on FT who fly enough to get SE? Lol

And “The Laundromat” is playing on the IFE, you can get some ideas.

FYI, there is a huge difference between flying enough to get SE and flying enough to get banked SE. that is a whole nother level of crazy!!

codfather Nov 18, 2019 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller (Post 31752311)
By brother-in-law was SE for a few years. Tax accountant.

I guess if you are experienced enough in any job corporations will be willing to fly you anywhere to provide them assistance!

Though in this digital age I fear that we are seeing a transition away from flying to meet clients, as many things can be done via web chat or over the phone.

codfather Nov 18, 2019 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller (Post 31752325)

FYI, there is a huge difference between flying enough to get SE and flying enough to get banked SE. that is a whole nother level of crazy!!

Oh 100%! I would love to know what 24left, Plumber , and yyznomad career choices are?

Lol it doesn't have to be the exact job title, just general occupation title, but no worries if you don't want to share!

Bohemian1 Nov 18, 2019 7:36 pm

Clearly one drinks 24's all day, the other is, well a Plumber and the last one is a vagrant.

Kinda obvious really.

codfather Nov 18, 2019 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 31752334)
Clearly one drinks 24's all day, the other is, well a Plumber and the last one is a vagrant.

Kinda obvious really.

Oh for sure!

He must be the in-flight Plumber for those toilets that won't stop flushing during the flight.

canadiancow Nov 18, 2019 7:47 pm

Kinda obvious really.

No, obviously she buys a 24 and drinks none of it, because at the end of the day, there are 24 left.

24left Nov 18, 2019 8:00 pm

I would humbly add that what I flew last year was well over that and likely contributed to some unplanned ageing. :D

Yhztraveller Nov 18, 2019 8:21 pm

Kinda obvious really.

Clearly you don’t know 24left as it refers to both the number of KitKat bars she consumes each day and the number of muffins she bakes to help nomad keep his muffintop!! :D

”left” refers to the cupboard that she keeps the KitKats in.

skybluesea Nov 18, 2019 10:39 pm

delete

ridefar Nov 19, 2019 1:23 am

Meh. Not really. I didn’t find it hard at all to do 200k +. Or no harder than 100k. And there are months this year where I will do 30k or more (not hard at all). Extrapolate that over a year and I can easily see doing 400k - 500k. I don’t want to because I have personal goals that would be very hard to achieve with that level of travel but it is all a lot easier than you think. In a slippery slope it’s all relative sort of way.

Hmmm. How many miles would I get from YYC - MEL - YYC? And anybody know any cheap J fares? Might be worth it to get some warm weather for a couple days...

YVRtoYYZ Nov 19, 2019 6:11 am

What about flying enough to get SE in 6 weeks, banked SE in months, and 300K bonus AP miles by end-of-year?

24left Nov 19, 2019 6:17 am

Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ (Post 31753648)
What about flying enough to get SE in 6 weeks, banked SE in months, and 300K bonus AP miles by end-of-year?

I did that last year. It was epic and idiotic. And the same timeframe including achieving MM as well.
The 300,000 miles were a fantastic gift.

codfather Nov 19, 2019 6:21 am

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 31753657)
I did that last year. It was epic and idiotic. And the same timeframe including achieving MM as well.
The 300,000 miles were a fantastic gift.

This is incredible! You must be getting awfully close to 2MM at this point?

But I think the banked years of SE you have left will be better than E75K 2MM if you stopped flying as frequently after that ;)

Hahahaha

Plumber Nov 19, 2019 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller (Post 31752477)
24left is “encouraging” me to plan a YHZ do, so maybe you won’t have to go far!!

That would be an easy one for me as I have a son at Dal and can visit at the same time!