Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Caregiver saga Part II - the godson

Old Oct 19, 19, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, UA, HH, MR, and the other usual suspects

So, prior to trying to send my mom's caregiver and her husband to Australia, I booked Aeroplan tickets for my godson and his new bride to Frankfurt for their honeymoon. Booked in March, left the end of September, no problems. Met them on their layover in Montreal and had a wonderful time before they headed off, despite the bride's luggage not making their first connection.

Anyhow, when the caregiver ticket issue came up, I was told that godson's was ok - already issued. They just went to check in at FRA... no ticket. It's still showing up on my Aeroplan screen as ticketed.

Calling Aeroplan again now...
canadiancow and ecc like this.
Old Oct 19, 19, 8:56 pm

Programs: AC S100K, SPG G, Hilton G,Nexus/GE, Amex MR Plat, Hyatt Plat,IHG Plat E
Originally Posted by dibby View Post
So, prior to trying to send my mom's caregiver and her husband to Australia, I booked Aeroplan tickets for my godson and his new bride to Frankfurt for their honeymoon. Booked in March, left the end of September, no problems. Met them on their layover in Montreal and had a wonderful time before they headed off, despite the bride's luggage not making their first connection.

Anyhow, when the caregiver ticket issue came up, I was told that godson's was ok - already issued. They just went to check in at FRA... no ticket. It's still showing up on my Aeroplan screen as ticketed.

Calling Aeroplan again now...
Wow! Again ? This looks like its turning into a multi part novella
Old Oct 20, 19, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, UA, HH, MR, and the other usual suspects
Originally Posted by vernonc View Post
Wow! Again ? This looks like its turning into a multi part novella
Yes, and like many sequels, fortunately this wasn't quite as dramatic as the initial installment.

After only 15 minutes on the telephone with Aeroplan yesterday morning: there was a schedule change that would have resulted in a misconnect. The kids got an email about it at some point in their trip (who are in their late 20s), but thought they could deal with it at the airport when they got back to FRA and didn't let me know until they tried to check in at T-24. I never got an email about it, and when I checked on their itinerary on the Aeroplan website, I couldn't get the flight details.

Part of the problem isn't Aeroplan's fault. I moved from Montreal to Saskatoon in September, and their system keeps flipping back to my address in Montreal, despite changing it to the new address several times now. I realise that moving from YUL to YXE could be seen as suspicious behaviour. This booking was made in March, before I had any idea that I would actually move.

They're rebooked. Originally going FRA-YYJ via YUL, but now FRA-YYC-YVR and the ferry to Victoria - no availability from YVR-YYJ until the next day, and they didn't want to deal with the standby today. Got a text from them that they're in the MLL in FRA waiting to board, so I hope we're good now.
Old Oct 20, 19, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by dibby View Post

They're rebooked. Originally going FRA-YYJ via YUL, but now FRA-YYC-YVR and the ferry to Victoria - no availability from YVR-YYJ until the next day, and they didn't want to deal with the standby today. Got a text from them that they're in the MLL in FRA waiting to board, so I hope we're good now.
I've noticed a reduction in availability on the YYJ-YVR flight... Earn Your Wings??

Search this Thread
Search Engine: