Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trapped in AC Cafe bathroom YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
There should be a number posted in the stall for emergencies as a general principle. Some airports have this in the women's washroom (can't speak for the men's) to alert people that there is help available if they are victims of human trafficking. On campus, there are messages in the washroom (women's anyway, again) if one is being stalked and has taken respite in the washroom. Being locked away by faulty hardware is the eleventy-billionth reason for needing emergency number posted in the washroom stall, but if that is the one that gets it put there, it's good enough for me.

Kudos to the OP for a long-lived thread for a thankfully short-lived ordeal.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 5:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Many campuses have cords along the wall in women's lavatories to pull if one feels threatened, for example by a potential rapist.....not to be confused with the pull cords in old fashioned hotel bathrooms that summon housekeeping if one wants help, for instance to get out of the bathtub.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Many campuses have cords along the wall in women's lavatories to pull if one feels threatened, for example by a potential rapist.....not to be confused with the pull cords in old fashioned hotel bathrooms that summon housekeeping if one wants help, for instance to get out of the bathtub.
Was just in the washroom in the Plaza Premium/WestJet lounge in Terminal 3. I can confirm old style cord near toilet to cal for help. The door hinges are on the outside (and the door swings out). Given most things in this terminal date back to Canadian likely this as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.