Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

BCN lounge access for *G flying Rouge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G

I've read conflicting reports, some say yes some say no.

There is no *G lounge in BCN, just contract lounges. Does anyone have *G experience of trying to get access when flying AC?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
No. There is only a contract lounge and it is not open to Premium Rouge or *G flying rouge, despite being available to every other *A airline in those scenarios (probably because mainline doesn't fly to BCN so there's no value to them). You can however get in with a priority pass membership, so that's been my loophole the last couple of times.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
But same as MCO. AC doesn't contract the lounges that other *A airlines do. Sad. Priority Pass to the rescue.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
BCN is just one example of many European airports (of major cities) that have zero *G lounges despite some *A presence with premium cabins.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 6:02 am
Original Poster

I fly out of NCE often and it's the same story, contract lounge only, but I still get access even when travelling Y (though I've never flown Rouge out of NCE so I guess in that scenario I would not have access).
Old Oct 10, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I have Priority Pass so used that one time while in BCN. But a colleague showed his AC *G card when flying out of there on Rouge and was granted entry... I was surprised... YMMV
Old Oct 10, 2019, 8:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Shouldn't we be examining European equivalents of Rouge? Do *Golds have lounge access when flying Eurowing, for example? How about Brussels Airlines? Or that Tyrolean affiliate?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Shouldn't we be examining European equivalents of Rouge? Do *Golds have lounge access when flying Eurowing, for example? How about Brussels Airlines? Or that Tyrolean affiliate?
Unlike Rouge, Eurowings is not in any way part of Star Alliance. You will not get miles unless with a one of their few partner airlines (which happen to be Star alliance members).

I can confirm both Brussels and Austrian give *G Y passengers lounge access to contract lounges in airports they serve - and of course all Star Alliance travellers collect miles as normal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.