Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan United Ticket and Itinerary Problems

Old Oct 5, 19, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

My Aeroplan award booking includes a United segment (along with OZ and TG), and after the ticket was changed and reissued by Aeroplan, the United website now shows multiple segments from both itineraries with both the old and new ticket numbers. Aeroplan shows the correct itinerary and ticket number, as do TG and OZ. UA says the UA portion looks fine, but the overall reservation has problems and to call Aeroplan if I want. Aeroplan says to call United and that the reservation has no problems. TG and OZ say looks good on their end.

I've talked to Aeroplan about 4 times in the 2 days, calling every 30 minutes throughout the entire day, usually getting hung up on due to "unusually high call volumes" and maybe about 10% of the time getting into the French queue to wait 45 minutes. I'm really hoping not to have to call back... so has anyone had this experience before with United showing wrong segments on other airlines and been fine? Hoping maybe just a UA IT issue and everything is actually fine.
Old Oct 5, 19, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Hyatt Glob, Accor Gold, UA Silver
I've had this exact issue, and I just asked a competent UA agent to remove all the old segments from the PNR.

I don't think it actually would have made a difference, but it made me more comfortable.

Aeroplan can't do anything because it's fine on their end.
Old Oct 5, 19, 4:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
AP's sole concern is that you hold a valid e-ticket and reservation for each segment of your itinerary.

If there are more than that, it is between you and the operating carrier(s).
Old Oct 6, 19, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Any idea what to ask for exactly? I've now talked to 4 UA agents who all say there is no way to remove the old segments, including a couple checking with their support and supervisors who say nothing can be done. The e-ticket receipt includes obviously wrong statements such as "OZ211" "operated by THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL."
Old Oct 6, 19, 1:45 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
I don't think it actually would have made a difference, [...]
Aeroplan can't do anything because it's fine on their end.
This.

Remember, the only things that matter are:
  1. Your eTicket has all the correct flights
  2. The master PNR has all the correct flights (in this case AE, but could be a TA or an Airline, whoever made the booking)
  3. Each operating airline sees the eTicket
  4. Each operating airline has a reservation with the segment they are operating

Everything else doesn't matter.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: