Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DH1 Staying in the Fleet Longer?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: E35K
Question DH1 Staying in the Fleet Longer?

With the most recent timetable released I noticed a few new changes in Alberta and BC - the current DH3 flights from Calgary to Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Castlegar will be switching to the DH1 starting in November. This is in addition to at one a day flight between Calgary and Edmonton and all of the flights between Castlegar and Vancouver switching to the DH1. I was under the impression that all of the DH1s were leaving the fleet at the end of 2019 - might they be sticking around longer? Hopefully with a bit of a refurbished cabin like some of the DH3s.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Until the MAX is back in the air, I would assume AC is doing everything in their power to keep everything in the fleet.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Nice to see the DH1s back in the West. There's something nostalgic about flying on them!
Old Oct 4, 2019, 4:37 pm

To the best of my knowledge, the 100s are still planned to exit the fleet come January, we're presently seeing a bit of a shuffling of the classic dash 8 fleet. The 100s are heading west to finish out their service. The 300s are heading east to YYZ and YUL.

328 which was the dedicated charter plane will join the fleet to replace 326 (note 328 is the last plane still in the original Jazz colors, presently green maple leaf)
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by AC681
To the best of my knowledge, the 100s are still planned to exit the fleet come January, we're presently seeing a bit of a shuffling of the classic dash 8 fleet. The 100s are heading west to finish out their service. The 300s are heading east to YYZ and YUL.

328 which was the dedicated charter plane will join the fleet to replace 326 (note 328 is the last plane still in the original Jazz colors, presently green maple leaf)
IIRC isn't 326 the plane that was rammed by the menzies fuel truck at YYZ?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by marke190
IIRC isn't 326 the plane that was rammed by the menzies fuel truck at YYZ?
Yup it is, it's presently parked over by the Jazz hangar, with what appears to be some repair work having been done.
marke190 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Add YEG-YLW to the new DH1 roster. My Nov flights just got 15 mins longer - LOL! Apparently also YEG-YXE.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: AC FOTSG, DL WM
Originally Posted by AC681
To the best of my knowledge, the 100s are still planned to exit the fleet come January...
Just as another confirmatory data point -- talking to the FA on my way home yesterday (YYZ-YAM), she said that last she heard the DH1 retirement was still on track to happen by the end of the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.