Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC 33 change; appears to no longer start in YYZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC 33 change; appears to no longer start in YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by caddyshack
AC has a new reservation system coming online in the fall. One of the things with the new system (at least to start) is that there will be no "thru" flights to make the system more easy to use, at least to start. You will see a big reduction in "thru-flights" in the interim, with them instead just having different flight numbers to make things easier for the system and agents.
Guessing that 092/093 (SCL-EZE) will remain coupled and could see 834/835 (GVA) while likely using the same planned positioning aircraft, originating and terminating in YUL rather than YYZ.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by can lynx
Yes they did, a free meal and snack from the on-board bistro.
So that's a win for AC. Now don't have to feed the people on 33
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Guessing that 092/093 (SCL-EZE) will remain coupled and could see 834/835 (GVA) while likely using the same planned positioning aircraft, originating and terminating in YUL rather than YYZ.
I looked for next january as an example and YYZ-YUL-GVA has been separated in 2 flights, AC422 for YYZ-YUL and then AC834 YUL-GVA, same plane and schedule as if you were to fly it tomorrow with one flight number.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WestAust
I looked for next january as an example and YYZ-YUL-GVA has been separated in 2 flights, AC422 for YYZ-YUL and then AC834 YUL-GVA, same plane and schedule as if you were to fly it tomorrow with one flight number.
They had already done the same for the BRU flights a couple of years ago. Only real difference is spinwise. For once, they gave up on the spin side, I would say, a good thing. "Direct" flights with a stopover is BS, not bad that they recognize it.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
At least, those originating in YYZ will get an extra AQS!
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by WestAust
Smart move IMO. The bulk of the load is obviously YUL-GVA and a line break from the through operation will bode well for OTP on that sector, where there are several immediate connection GVA-BEY on ME. It will also address the checked baggage issue, where many (despite announcements) assume that the bags are checked through to YYZ on the inbound sector of 835.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:32 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Was 33/34 a legacy Air Canada number or did it come from Canadian Pacific? I used to fly fly HNL-YVR in the 90s and early 2000s on CP and then on Air Canada and I'm pretty sure AC33/34 were the numbers for that segment.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Was 33/34 a legacy Air Canada number or did it come from Canadian Pacific? I used to fly fly HNL-YVR in the 90s and early 2000s on CP and then on Air Canada and I'm pretty sure AC33/34 were the numbers for that segment.
I seem to recall on International Sectors, CP used:
200's Europe
300's Hawaii/South Pacific (then 100's as CP127 operated YYZ-HNL)
400's/500's South America

I recall flying on CP301 YVR-HNL-NAN-SYD

Feel free to jump in. Just going by memory.

CP Also had a long history of scissor hubs where multiple aircraft would converge upon a "mini-hub" with one aircraft continuing the segment(s):

HNL-1 Aircraft continuing on to NAN-SYD and later just SYD
LIM -1 Aircraft continuing on to SCL-EZE
AMS- Aircraft continuing on to MXP/FCO/LIS/ATH/TLV
FlyinHawaiian likes this.

Last edited by ACYYZ/SD; Sep 30, 2019 at 12:57 pm
Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:00 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Yeah, 3xx for South Pacific, 4xx for Asia flights, 5xx for Central/South America.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
My itinerary change this morning was for exactly what ACYYZ/SD and WestAust mentioned upthread, AC 834 (YYZ-YUL-GVA). I was only doing the YYZ-YUL portion anyway, but it has now become AC 422. Just waiting to see if the return, AC 835, also has a similar change. I purposely chose the AC 834/835 combination of flights since there are 27 J seats and if a LMU is offered, I could enjoy the pods for an hour and a half.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by jtpc
My itinerary change this morning was for exactly what ACYYZ/SD and WestAust mentioned upthread, AC 834 (YYZ-YUL-GVA). I was only doing the YYZ-YUL portion anyway, but it has now become AC 422. Just waiting to see if the return, AC 835, also has a similar change. I purposely chose the AC 834/835 combination of flights since there are 27 J seats and if a LMU is offered, I could enjoy the pods for an hour and a half.
More than likely 422 turns to 834 operating as the same aircraft. However, in the event of a delay inbound from YYZ, as on originating flight @ YUL, 834 would have the flexibility of a fin swap and thus protecting the bulk of the downline connections.

Last edited by ACYYZ/SD; Sep 30, 2019 at 7:39 pm
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
In 1987, CP 33 was Vancouver-Honolulu-Nadi-Auckland. CP34 was Auckland-Nadi-Honolulu-Toronto. Both operated by a DC10-30. Onboard classes was listed as First (with Loungaire sleeper seats), Royal Canadian Business class, and economy.

CP32/35 were similar routes, the differences being days of the week flown and either going YYZ-HNL non stop, or with a stop in YVR.

CP 22/23 were similar routings, but to SYD instead of AKL.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I have a booking on AC9 for next summer, and the flight from YYZ to YYC still shows as AC9, same as the flight from YYC to NRT. I guess they'll get around to changing that one too. It also still shows as being operated by the 763, which might end up being my final ride on one of those.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by marke190
At least, those originating in YYZ will get an extra AQS!
And didn't the mileage also get consolidated? So you're get YYZ-SYD AQMs instead of YYZ-YVR-SYD?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yvr76
And didn't the mileage also get consolidated? So you're get YYZ-SYD AQMs instead of YYZ-YVR-SYD?
Correct. However I believe the difference is insignificant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.