Wiki Posts
Search

SE gifting E50k

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2019, 6:59 am
Original Poster

SE gifting E50k

Hi,

For a recipient of a 50k Altitude status from a Privledge selection from an SE - does anyone have experience as do how many EUps credits the recipient receives (if any)?

Would it be any different if they were to qualify by flying? Or is it the same, and they would receive 20 EUps + 20 more if they select this as a Privledge option? I'm a bit confused on this.

Lastly, any difference for stub-periods, ie, gifting now through Feb 2020?

Thanks
Old Sep 28, 2019, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by dominick
Hi,

For a recipient of a 50k Altitude status from a Privledge selection from an SE - does anyone have experience as do how many EUps credits the recipient receives (if any)?

Would it be any different if they were to qualify by flying? Or is it the same, and they would receive 20 EUps + 20 more if they select this as a Privledge option? I'm a bit confused on this.

Lastly, any difference for stub-periods, ie, gifting now through Feb 2020?

Thanks

Same as any 50k and have to choose each year. No diff
Old Sep 28, 2019, 10:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Are there SEs selling E50K status ?
Old Sep 28, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Are there SEs selling E50K status ?
Not sure allowed

But I have a E50k to give for 2019 and I really don't know who to give it to.
MasterGeek likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It's not allowed.

But the wifi is worth $840.

At $20/credit (a number I've heard before), the eUps are worth $1000.

So I can't see anyone who doesn't fly enough to earn it finding enough value to pay above those rates.
Bohemian1 and MasterGeek like this.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's not allowed.

So I can't see anyone who doesn't fly enough to earn it finding enough value to pay above those rates.
I know tricks to get free unlimited-ish gogo inflight passes

But it's true that it's probably not worth buying it at those kind of rates if you are an infrequent flyer.

Might be worth it if you earn lots of points mainly from credit cards and redeem mostly in economy.

Last edited by MasterGeek; Sep 28, 2019 at 11:00 am
Old Sep 28, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's not allowed.

In my case I traveled abnormally this year and got to SE.
Since I really don't expect to travel much next year, it means eUps and WiFi will not be used much. That's why I'm contemplating giving the E50K to a family member or colleague.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lallied
Same as any 50k and have to choose each year. No diff
Thanks.
To be clear then, as a new 50k would I be part of "early recognition" and thus qualify (until feb 2020): 10 credits (Select Privilege) + 20 credits (Core Privilege)?
Old Sep 29, 2019, 5:57 am

Thanks.
To be clear then, as a new 50k would I be part of "early recognition" and thus qualify (until feb 2020): 10 credits (Select Privilege) + 20 credits (Core Privilege)?
Ok, so may have been tired. I was actually referring to a 50K gift (lifetime) from a 2MM and there what you say is true. I cant answer for the annual 50K gift as an option for SE (instead of other choices). Apologies. I dont know answer as have never gifted THAT
Old Oct 1, 2019, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lallied
Ok, so may have been tired. I was actually referring to a 50K gift (lifetime) from a 2MM and there what you say is true. I cant answer for the annual 50K gift as an option for SE (instead of other choices). Apologies. I dont know answer as have never gifted THAT
Thanks!

Anyone else know (re: gift of 50k status from an SE)?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 7:29 am

Thanks.
I would say yes since you need to name your recipient before October 31st. Meaning that person would receive as early recognition until march 2020 and then early next year select privileges until march 2021.
You first eUps would only last until March 2020.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is the known twist: if the recipient (either of the SE gifting for a year, or of the 2MMer) currently has 50k status or better, then status for next year cannot be given before Feb. 28/29.
theBeachBoy likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 7:33 pm

Thanks.
Early recognition has nothing to do with it. You’re gifting E50 status for the 2019 benefit year. Benefits can be selected the same way that any E50 could have selected things at the beginning of the year.

FYI I gifted my wife E50 this year. She got the choice to select the full benefits back in January.

”Early Recognition” can be tricky as to hit E50 through normal accumulation you pass through P25 and E35 so there is a reduced selection package at the higher levels.

Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
I would say yes since you need to name your recipient before October 31st. Meaning that person would receive as early recognition until march 2020 and then early next year select privileges until march 2021.
You first eUps would only last until March 2020.
No. Gifted status expires Feb 2020. The only way the recipient will have any benefits beyond that date is if they earn status for beyond that date, or if they are gifted status again for 2020.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by YEG USER
Early recognition has nothing to do with it. You’re gifting E50 status for the 2019 benefit year. Benefits can be selected the same way that any E50 could have selected things at the beginning of the year.

FYI I gifted my wife E50 this year. She got the choice to select the full benefits back in January.

”Early Recognition” can be tricky as to hit E50 through normal accumulation you pass through P25 and E35 so there is a reduced selection package at the higher levels.

No. Gifted status expires Feb 2020. The only way the recipient will have any benefits beyond that date is if they earn status for beyond that date, or if they are gifted status again for 2020.
Yes that's what I meant. The early recognition given prior to October 31 2019 will only be valid until March 2020 (just like any early recognition).
It's true you could gift e50k for 6 months and to someone else the 2020 gift (or select another privilege)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.