Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Cannot book tickets online from certain countries?? WHAT ?

Old Sep 22, 2019, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SEMM

I am currently in Bosnia on a business trip ... Trying to book a ticket YUL-MIA ... this is what I get :

Is this for real?? Is this new ... I can try a VPN but why can't I book a ticket from Montreal to Miami while I travel ?????
Old Sep 22, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Are you on the Canada version of the website?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World
I am currently in Bosnia on a business trip ... Trying to book a ticket YUL-MIA ... this is what I get :

Is this for real?? Is this new ... I can try a VPN but why can't I book a ticket from Montreal to Miami while I travel ?????
Just open in incognito window.

I get this all the times on my Android mobile when here in Brazil.

Not sure what the big is, but we all know how IT is at AC
Old Sep 22, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Are you on the Canada version of the website?
You can't even select a country, that page loads automatically when you reach ANY aircanada.com webpage.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

h
Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
You can't even select a country, that page loads automatically when you reach ANY aircanada.com webpage.
Surely one can specify a country that's not where one is calling from? At least cleaning up cookies, and perhaps disabling localization features? We have been on the road, to Holland, Belgium, France and eventually Australia, and we always were able to select the Canadian version. For better or worse. OTOH, with a bunch of trackers and (commercial/advertising) spyware disabled, maybe some crap called gigya or sentry.io ("Reason: CORS request did not succeed"), I now find myself unable to log in to both altitude and aeroplan. Interestingly, aircanada.com still works, though.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Stranger
h

Surely one can specify a country that's not where one is calling from? At least cleaning up cookies, and perhaps disabling localization features? We have been on the road, to Holland, Belgium, France and eventually Australia, and we always were able to select the Canadian version. For better or worse. OTOH, with a bunch of trackers and (commercial/advertising) spyware disabled, maybe some crap called gigya or sentry.io ("Reason: CORS request did not succeed"), I now find myself unable to log in to both altitude and aeroplan. Interestingly, aircanada.com still works, though.
In my case I didn't get the usual pop up where you select country/language (with US and Can flags on top). This screen takes over and you cannot get out of it, close it, etc.

Since incognito works yes it might be related to cookies or other.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.