Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

'greatest job in the world': AC Capt flies retirement flight with brother as co-pilot

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'greatest job in the world': AC Capt flies retirement flight with brother as co-pilot

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/it-s-the-...ilot-1.4604179

After 40 years and five months of flying with Air Canada, Captain Paul Albers piloted his last commercial flight Wednesday.

But this was no ordinary retirement flight.

"What made this particularly special, I was joined in the flight deck by my brother, First Officer Andre Albers," Captain Paul Albers said.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Similar to my step father's story. He did the last Air Transat flight of the L-1011 and his last flight before retirement with his brother (normally pilot but took the right seat for that flight)

Actually two of his brothers were/are pilots and now 2 of the next generation of that family are pilots.

Seems pilot is a job that spreads within families
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
Similar to my step father's story. He did the last Air Transat flight of the L-1011 and his last flight before retirement with his brother (normally pilot but took the right seat for that flight)

Actually two of his brothers were/are pilots and now 2 of the next generation of that family are pilots.

Seems pilot is a job that spreads within families
It reminds me of Boeing, where there are many multigenerational employees in local families. Even in tough times when there are layoffs, those workers stay loyal to Boeing. I guess the same is true of coal miners and other employment in company towns.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
An absolutely stellar Captain and Colleague. Wishing him the very best!
wrp96 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.