Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: What's My AQD on a Modified Booking?

Question: What's My AQD on a Modified Booking?

Old Sep 21, 19, 8:35 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Programs: AC S100K
Posts: 242
What's My AQD on a Modified Booking?

I booked YYZ - MSP in economy and the base fare came to $430.

A week later I modified that booking to fly business class. There was an additional charge of $414 to the base fare (plus a few adjusted taxes on top of that).

So as I see it, the base fare should now be $430 + $414 for a total of $844. And, indeed, if I mock up a new booking for that flight, the base fare is $844.

When I visit My Bookings on the AC site, the base fare is listed as only $414--the modified amount. The heading under Purchase Summary is "Additional Charges" with nothing listed for the original charges.

Will that change at some point? Will I be credited for the total of the original plus the additional base fare? I ask, because I currently expect my 2019 AQD total to be $20,017, so every dollar counts.
TheCanuckian is offline  
Old Sep 21, 19, 9:51 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Posts: 6,088
You are entitled to be credited the AQD for both the original base fare plus the upfare (change fees don't get counted, but it seems you didn't pay one since it looks like a simple upfare).

I have changed a few tickets over the past couple of years and have generally not had a problem with the full AQD crediting, including a ticket I just finished flying on Monday.
canadiancow likes this.
Adam Smith is online now  
Old Sep 21, 19, 10:25 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Programs: AC S100K
Posts: 242
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
You are entitled to be credited the AQD for both the original base fare plus the upfare (change fees don't get counted, but it seems you didn't pay one since it looks like a simple upfare).
Thank you. So essentially just assume they will credit me for both and, if they do not, give them a call?
TheCanuckian is offline  
Old Sep 21, 19, 10:53 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Posts: 6,088
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian View Post
Thank you. So essentially just assume they will credit me for both and, if they do not, give them a call?
Yes, except for the part about calling. If the AQD doesn't post correctly, just fill in the online AQD Discrepancy form. It's quick to fill out and they tend to respond quite quickly, whereas if you phone, you're going to get someone at AC Reservations who has no idea what you're talking about. And probably have to end up filling out the online form anyway
Adam Smith is online now  
Old Sep 21, 19, 11:27 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Programs: AC S100K
Posts: 242
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
Yes, except for the part about calling. If the AQD doesn't post correctly, just fill in the online AQD Discrepancy form. It's quick to fill out and they tend to respond quite quickly, whereas if you phone, you're going to get someone at AC Reservations who has no idea what you're talking about. And probably have to end up filling out the online form anyway
Excellent. Thanks for the help.
TheCanuckian is offline  
Old Sep 21, 19, 8:06 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Montreal
Programs: Aeroplan E75K, Accor Platinum, BW Diamond
Posts: 161
+1 when I changed a flight I got the updated AQM for the total of initial fare and fare difference when I changed it (in my case I had to book full Y latitude so the new flight was 150% more $ than the initial one!)
theBeachBoy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread